Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

???

I have a 74 260 2 seater 5 speed. I am told that it has the lighter( 240 style)body as determined by the shape of the radiator botto support. My mates is a 77 2 seater and is definitely different. Anyway my dilemma is that i have just ordered kings springs for it and they have shelf items for 240 or 260. No mention is made of 260 2 seater or 2+2. Having ordered the 260 lowering springs, should i have ordered the 240 set purely becauae of the weight of the vehicle????Any info good. Only weight specs i can find are u.s. sites and theres seem to be different.

Posted

I am not sure about the fronts on the early 260z but 260z that have the larger strut tudes 55mm not 50mm will have the spring perch lower on the fronts = long spring required. The rear struts will be the same length as the 240z units as Nissan had not changed to the taller strut towers by then = still using the same length as the 240z = 240z springs???

 

The only thing I would say is that make sure you can swap them if they are wrong.

Posted

Thans for the reply, i will measure the strut tubes to verify that. What bothers me is that after i ordered the catalogue lowering springs for the 260 i noticed that the rear number they gave me for a lowering spring for a 260 is the same part no. as the standard sprng for a 240??? I still reckon thee should be a different set of numbers for the 2+2.

cheers

Posted

I have noticed that the windscreen seems to have a lower look in my 1974 2+2 compared to my 1975 2+2, I always thought I was dreaming.

 

AM I????? ???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...