SOLD - Price Drop USA Market 1975 Datsun 280Z Left Hand Drive Project For Sale

Davral64

So, ladies and gents for your consideration is a pretty cool example of one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. It can be yours to track, show or get a tonne of speeding tickets in (I sure did!) Make me proud!

USA market, left hand drive, legally imported to Australia, never road registered here. It is a project car and is largely disassembled (see photos).

Engine:

2.8l OVHC, ported and flowed, cam, forged Italian pistons, over-bore but not a stroker, new rings, bearings, chain, etc. Breathes really well. Triple Mikuni side draft carbs with extra jets and shop manuals (!). New electric fuel pump, ceramic 3-2-1 extractors (more torque). Oil cooler. 5 speed manual box, ultra light flywheel plus stock flywheel. I also have the after market A/C, lines, compressor, evap... and it has always worked!!!

Suspension: All suspension bushes replaced with urethane. Heavy springs and Tokiko shocks, strut tower braces front and rear, big-ish sway bars - it's stiff as a board!

Brakes: Stock disk and drum rear (period correct for SVRA/HSR) 4 piston Toyotas up front with stock rotor, rear stock drums with racing compound pads and shoes. All stock parts come with the car too.

The Body: Not bad for a car built 43 years ago in Japan, sold in the USA and imported into Australia. New floor pans in, minor surface rust except for the battery tray (cut out), the dog legs, the bottom right corner of the hatch and a coupe of dents.

The Interior: Original seats, steering wheel, plastic trim headliner all in exceptional shape. Original gauges + correct sized Autometer oil temp, pressure and water temp for the 3 gauge pod in the middle of the dash.

Included are a ton of manuals including Wick Hubble's restoration guide, the Haynes manual, Mikuni and webber carb manuals, factory manual and parts on CD etc. Lots of historic memorabilia and goodies for the whole Zcar series from 240 to the 350Z including a couple 1/18 models. All the paperwork, US ownership title, import docs, lots of stuff. (I was a fanatic).

My purpose with the incomplete resto was to put in a bolt-in cage and fuel cell to use it as a weekend cruiser but primarily a track day car. Ultimately age and time caught up with me and I realize that I'll never finish it. Making my loss your gain!

Asking $10000.00 AUD. Let me know it you are serious and want to have a look. (and do be serious please) Less

post-102391-0-54290700-1523158187_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-69813200-1523158193_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-34619400-1523158200_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-24023000-1523158210_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-96992700-1523158215_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-59708100-1523158220_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming the "right hand drive" bit is a typo ? Its still LHD ?

Oops!  Left - American side drive as in, not the Aussie side!  Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Davral64

Hey Gav240Z, I have searched pricing for my Z and based on it's condition I think you're right that I've priced it on the low side.  I saw some cars that were so completely rusted throughout with asking prices that were insane.  This one is a project but it will be well less than $20k all done in really good paint. 

Oh well.  I want to see the project finished because I love the car I'm just never going to be able to do it.  I guess it's one thing to drive fast but another altogether to do the work to get the car on the track!

Anyhow, somebody please buy this thing and finish it!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a sweetener on the Z.  I've also got a US Cornwall tool box and several grand worth of tools I'll add to the deal....  Cornwall's a competitor of Snapon and MacTools.   Have a look at the pictures and let me know if anyone's interested.

Top.jpg

Cornwell top.jpg

drawer5 1.jpg

drawer6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, Davral64 said:

So, ladies and gents for your consideration is a pretty cool example of one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. It can be yours to track, show or get a tonne of speeding tickets in (I sure did!) Make me proud!

USA market, left hand drive, legally imported to Australia, never road registered here. It is a project car and is largely disassembled (see photos).

Engine:

2.8l OVHC, ported and flowed, cam, forged Italian pistons, over-bore but not a stroker, new rings, bearings, chain, etc. Breathes really well. Triple Mikuni side draft carbs with extra jets and shop manuals (!). New electric fuel pump, ceramic 3-2-1 extractors (more torque). Oil cooler. 5 speed manual box, ultra light flywheel plus stock flywheel. I also have the after market A/C, lines, compressor, evap... and it has always worked!!!

Suspension: All suspension bushes replaced with urethane. Heavy springs and Tokiko shocks, strut tower braces front and rear, big-ish sway bars - it's stiff as a board!

Brakes: Stock disk and drum rear (period correct for SVRA/HSR) 4 piston Toyotas up front with stock rotor, rear stock drums with racing compound pads and shoes. All stock parts come with the car too.

The Body: Not bad for a car built 43 years ago in Japan, sold in the USA and imported into Australia. New floor pans in, minor surface rust except for the battery tray (cut out), the dog legs, the bottom right corner of the hatch and a coupe of dents.

The Interior: Original seats, steering wheel, plastic trim headliner all in exceptional shape. Original gauges + correct sized Autometer oil temp, pressure and water temp for the 3 gauge pod in the middle of the dash.

Included are a ton of manuals including Wick Hubble's restoration guide, the Haynes manual, Mikuni and webber carb manuals, factory manual and parts on CD etc. Lots of historic memorabilia and goodies for the whole Zcar series from 240 to the 350Z including a couple 1/18 models. All the paperwork, US ownership title, import docs, lots of stuff. (I was a fanatic).

My purpose with the incomplete resto was to put in a bolt-in cage and fuel cell to use it as a weekend cruiser but primarily a track day car. Ultimately age and time caught up with me and I realize that I'll never finish it. Making my loss your gain!

Asking $10000.00 AUD. Let me know it you are serious and want to have a look. (and do be serious please) Less

post-102391-0-54290700-1523158187_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-69813200-1523158193_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-34619400-1523158200_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-24023000-1523158210_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-96992700-1523158215_thumb.jpg

post-102391-0-59708100-1523158220_thumb.jpg

Sold!  

On 7/3/2018 at 5:54 PM, Davral64 said:

Here's a sweetener on the Z.  I've also got a US Cornwall tool box and several grand worth of tools I'll add to the deal....  Cornwall's a competitor of Snapon and MacTools.   Have a look at the pictures and let me know if anyone's interested.

Top.jpg

Cornwell top.jpg

drawer5 1.jpg

drawer6.jpg

Sold!