Ld28 Inlet Manifold

russandra

The reason I want to go with the LD 28 is that the ID of the runners is 35mm vs the L28E being 30mm, A big difference.  I intend to match port them, weld in some injectors bosses, weld on a Throttle body adaptor and is will be a good thing.  something different but still Datsun/Nissan to keep it period correct with injection.

L20A-ET intakes are the baby sized 30mm.

L28E and ET are 35mm

However, the CFM rate from front to rear varies by 25 CFM, due to the poor internal design.

No problems if you keep it under 6500 rpm, sustained, but if looking for, and tuning, performance, the runners need flow matching, or you'll lean out cylinders.

Or if you score the right manifold it does flow better, can't remember the cast mark off the top of my head, but the log I had on my green car was the best flowing manifold I saw with the original TB only a couple of mm smaller than an XF one.

Also stay clear of teh NAPS manifolds with teh twin butterfly TB, they don't as well as a standard L28E manifold and TB for performance/track use.