Kincrome Lok-On Metric Socket Set

jasonmac

Was looking at buying the following socket set. Any experience with the Lok-On range? 

Noob questions:

• Is 3/8" what I'm after
  • Is a metric only set what I need?

LOK-ON™ SOCKET SET 45 PIECE 3/8" SQUARE DRIVE (K27013)

OK-ON™ Sockets are designed to loosen up-to 85% rounded and damaged fasteners whilst offering higher torque capacity and reducing stress concentration. The patented LOK-ON™ design features a subtle cam integrated with the LOK-ON™ grooves which prevent further rounding of fasteners and also includes a knurled finger grip for speed on loose fasteners.

Cheers,

Jason

post-103010-0-16091200-1496984232_thumb.jpg

There is another manufacturer of flank grip, ( not point gripped) sockets/spanners, "Metrinch)

The one socket will do imperial and metric, with force applied omly on the flats of the nut/bolt.

Anything with rounded points, is easily undone!

Can be hard to find.

I have a full 1/2" drive set, as well as the spanner set, bought some 25 years ago!

I have the Kincrome Lok on. Good stuff, as good as some of the snap on stuff i have and good value. For restoring a Z youd need 1/4 drive and 3/8 drive mostly. Metric will do, but being a old car you may need the odd imperial socket. Repco, supatool and stanley do some decent diy tools aswell for a low price.

Hi

I agree with dat2kman the metrinich are v/good and yes they apply pressure on the flats of th heads

I have open ended with ring spanner and they have got me out of trouble many times when the nuts have been rounded over and my friend has the 1/2 drive socket set which I am envious of

I think blackwoods still sell them

Cheers

Phil

Edited by YosemiteZed