Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking for some thoughts on who to get to do some basic fabrication for me.  With the Fujitsubo headers fitted I need:

 

- throttle return spring mount (I need to look at this as I don't understand why the factory one doesn't work with a change of exhaust mani !)

- Custom heat shield

 

Alternatively if anyone on the forum has the time I'm willing to pay (cash, beer, pizza etc or any combination of the three).

 

Once again I'm afflicted with 100% love of Z's but close to zero knowledge of how to do these things!

Posted

Stewart definitely does great work but I reckon these could be things you could do on your own with a couple ideas. Here's my heat shield.

The ally section fixed to the rad was folded and welded professionally after I gave him a cardboard template. But the Payen exhaust heat shield was bought from Repco and was hand folded and fitted. The top was just squeezed between the two manifolds with a bit of hand forming and the lower fixing is just a bit of 25x25 ally angle and some ally plate cut, filed and bent to suit the engine mount.

All up took me a couple hours and no special tools needed.

It's the cheap, effective and rewarding option :)

post-101810-0-12480400-1476934232_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-45989000-1476934324_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-08418200-1476934386_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-84847100-1476934444_thumb.jpg

post-101810-0-13497700-1476934505_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...