DA polisher to borrow?

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

I've been eyeing off a couple of Dual Action polishers in particular this 1 seems to be a good compromise between budget and professional tool.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/mint_protools/ro_polisher_das6_pro

Just wondering if anyone has 1 of these already or similar that I could use / borrow to see if I like before committing to buy?

I'm currently in Melbourne and plan to use it on my daily hack to practice first before attempting to correct paint on my 240z.

Hey Gav,

Both my son and I use one of these Rockwell 'shop series' - the different foam pads are east to obtain - works great and is a random orbital - cost about $120 from Supa Cheap.  It's more about the product and action that you use that gives you the greatest results.

post-646-144023775542_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks Rev, read some reviews here:

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/showthread.php?10570-Rockwell-DA-Polisher

Seems the consensus is good, I guess what I like about the DA polishers is that they are meant to be idiot proof.

• 1 month later...

I'm a noobie to polishing paint, and I purchased one of those rockwell ones and went to the waxit shop in tullamarine and the guys there gave me a few pointers and recommended a few pads and products to use. I tape up squares on the panels and just worked on them one at a time. The result was amazing after a few hours of work, that included wash, clay, then using the machine to rub down the paint and then using a wax.

best thing I ever did to the exterior of my car.