Anyone know whats wrong with this car?

Zeddophile

on http://www.carsales.com.au/ with the listing number 60129.

Its been for sale for quite a few months now, and doesn't look in bad shape from the photos....

Are people just being put off by a combination of the auto, the kilometres and the price, or is there something more fundamentally wrong with it?  Kind of getting tempted to wander back into Zed ownership here...

it was for sale before i bought my car, so going on over 3 years now...

mayb its just because you can buy a really nice modified 240/260 or orginal 240 for not much more so people aren't willing to pay 11g+ for it?

what badge went on the rear left of the car?

interesting, mine just had datsun on an angle above 260z and nothing on the left

Scratch my earlier post, I just realised what the one on the left is - I assumed it was a datsun badge, cause I couldn't read it on the photos of my car, but its actually a badge that only automatic cars had.  Can't remember exactly what it says, its whatever they were marketing their auto technology as at the time.  Not Datsunmatic, but something of that nature.

I've also noticed that this ad keeps popping up; I was going to say that it's been around for at least 18 months, but could be much longer. I tried making contact some time ago, but never got a reply. Surely such ads must have an automatic time limit if the car has long since sold? It looks tidy & original, but missing the bumper corner rubbers & all the badges - perhaps when repainted the badge pin holes were filled, although strangely on the hatch they look like they have little plugs in them.

It would have a 'Nissanmatic' badge on the left side of the hatch, & 'Datsun' & '260Z' on the right.

Anybody able to shed light on this car?

I went and had a look at it when I was looking for my car about 9 months ago. The amount of work required to get it to drive anything like a zed should makes it not worth anything like that much. I got my mechanic to go and have a look at it for me and he hated everything about it. He said offer him 7k, so I did but no deal. He doesnt know much about zeds so you could go and have a look at it and explain to him what it is actually worth and try and get the price down but it would have to come down by a lot.

a zed for that price should actually be able to drive. This one barely did. I went with my dad and we had to take it in turns to drive because he had to be in the car in case it broke down because he knew the tricks to get it going again.

Regarding the badges, he has taken them off for some reason but the holes are still there, that is what the rubber plugs are for.

Sam

It would have a 'Nissanmatic' badge on the left side of the hatch, & 'Datsun' & '260Z' on the right.

That was it, Nissanmatic.  I was close!

Surely such ads must have an automatic time limit if the car has long since sold?

He keeps updating it - in the ad details it says last updated in october some time.

a zed for that price should actually be able to drive. This one barely did. I went with my dad and we had to take it in turns to drive because he had to be in the car in case it broke down because he knew the tricks to get it going again.

Interesting.  Anything more specific, just out of curiosity?

Looks pretty good in the pics

i have seen it it has a lot of rust it is ok inside engine need work paint is not the best 3k to5k mayby? goodluck.

This car also caught my eye around May-June 07 too, but I never got the chance to check it out since I am in Sydney. Looks pretty good in the pics though.

"Restored 5 yrs ago. Resprayed with new interior. All original with first owner's books. Will consider lower offers without RWC."

It should have the badge (BW Automatic) Borg Warner Automatic, my opinion of value is that it is still cheap if you compare it to a Sprite/MG/Triumph but expensive if you compare it to a 280ZX or a Z31/Z32 for the price though you have to expect a good driveable car all in tack and only cosmetic upgrading required.

Lynton 8)

It should have the badge (BW Automatic) Borg Warner Automatic, my opinion of value is that it is still cheap if you compare it to a Sprite/MG/Triumph but expensive if you compare it to a 280ZX or a Z31/Z32 for the price though you have to expect a good driveable car all in tack and only cosmetic upgrading required.

Lynton 8)

I agree Lynton. I think it's great value considering how rare the 2 seaters are now. These cars are going to skyrocket in price over the next few years. I have seen this car & can see why he wont drop the price, it's actually in quite a good condition considering it's age. I'm a bit cash strapped at the moment but hoping it will still be available in about 6 months when I get some more cash! ;D