pauls Posted August 11, 2014 Posted August 11, 2014 Hey, just noticed this; http://www.viczcar.com/content/benefits-associated-online-seo-course As I see no topical relevance, or real benefit to either parties, have to ask is it spam? If these are related: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14682.0.html There must be a setting that allows admin to approve new blog posts etc. before they go live. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted August 12, 2014 Administrators Posted August 12, 2014 I did some site upgrades the other day to prevent this. Seems a recent security hole was found and the site needs another update / patch.... Thanks for letting me know. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted August 12, 2014 Administrators Posted August 12, 2014 Actually I noticed how they were doing this, the front page is managed by a different system to the forum section of the site and although the register form for the front page system is not displayed anywhere users were being registered by bots/spammers and then managing to publish content. I've now closed this loop hole *hopefully* - but also need to do a security update also. Oh and I have an anti-spam module installed, but it appears to be next to useless. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.