Taking the car off the road

ChiprZ

Hi all

I am hoping to take my 260z 2 + 2 off the road and strip it and fix it up. Needs a fair bit of interior restoration, some rust needs fixing, new paint job etc etc etc

Prior to doing this of course i was hoping to check out the odd fully working 260z 2 + 2 for some much needed inspiration and advice as to what it should come out like.

I have wires hanging from my dash that i dont even have a clue what they should be connected to let alone what the other end goes to.

I am in Mount Waverley and am hoping there are some people not too far away that i could meet up with and check out their 260z.

If anyone willing to help me out please post here with contact details and location so i can try organise a visit.

Also hoping to get to the run on the 30th september in a hope of checking out the odd car then.

Thanks heaps

• Administrators

I noticed nobody has offered to help and I can't because my 240z does not share the same wiring set up.

I know we have a member under the name of Lynton with a very original 260z 2+2 in the same shade of blue as yours from the looks of it.

Perhaps try sending him an email I think his is a 75 mdl from memory.

Theres a How to restore your Z car book that covers all the basics. Cost about $50 I think, but theres one for sale on ebay at the moment.

The Haynes manual should be able to help you out with the wiring.

Theres also a PDF of the 260Z service manual floating around on the internet, so you dont have to buy the haynes manual if you can find it.

As for inspiration, check out Kents 260Z 2+2

http://www.wazcars.com/index.php?action=membercars&member=kent

This baby looks like it just rolled out the factory yesterday.

Smartass, I will have my 2+2 down here (Narre-Warren) Friday, next week (30th) for the cruise. Or we could organize a time, sometime on the Weekend, should you wish to have a look at mine - which your most welcome to.