Speedo Guages

vramjee91

Hey guys,

Just wondering what people are using as after market Speedo's and for their other gauges?

I am interested in changing all of mine, as a couple dont work and figured it would be good to give it a big of a face lift!

Interested to see what people have and where they got it from

At one point I had all Auto Meter gauges, except for my Speedo.

While they worked ok, I didn't like how it was one hole for one gauge. I had Boost, Oil press and water temp, where the original trio was, then Volts, fuel level and a narrow band O2 gauge (I had it from a long time before), in the radio slot. I wanted a radio back, so I re-installed the original fuel level and 280Z volts gauge where the clock originally resided, and have used a display that attaches to my ECM for temp read out, it's not ideal, but it works.

I'm trying to either find an AFFORDABLE dual gauge in a 2 5/8" hole option, or make my own. I have been semi successful in making my own using an Arduino and stepper motors, but I can't get the speed of the steppers high enough for a boost gauge or tachometer. It's even a bit slow for oil press in my opinion, but not that bad. So I keep looking...

One reason I am moving away from the Auto Meters is because I have found them to be less accurate than I would like. The temp gauge was 10* F low, and the boost gauge may or may not read about 1 to 2 PSIG low as well. My reference has some questionable accuracy as well. Everything else seems to be accurate though.

I have the speedhut revolution guages in my car. Seems like a common install in the Z as they have the right sizes and a large selection of guages and options to choose from.

If you are going to buy from speedhut I suggest you wait for the black friday sale (end of november sometime), I think I got around 40% off when I bought mine

no idea.

Your link doesnt work (the cookies with the gauge selection is stored on your computer)

4" for the speedo and tach, 2/58th for the centre gauges.

With your speedo and tach, get pedestal mount bodies, you'll end up with a smaller back casing on them, making fitment a bit easier.

I'll be installing my set soon, so i'll take pictures.

• 1 month later...

no idea.

Your link doesnt work (the cookies with the gauge selection is stored on your computer)

4" for the speedo and tach, 2/58th for the centre gauges.

With your speedo and tach, get pedestal mount bodies, you'll end up with a smaller back casing on them, making fitment a bit easier.

I'll be installing my set soon, so i'll take pictures.

Hey mate,

how did you go with the install?

lol, yea that....

he speedo and tacho are mounted in their housings but still sitting on my bench.

I havent done anything with the middle gauges at all.

Im interstate with work atm, but when i get back on the weekend i'll get some of my progress photos up for you.