Formal invite to all Qld members of AusZcar to Z Car Club's January club meeting

dat2kman

Held on Thursday 27th January at No 4 Ross St Newstead, the Shannons Insurance office.

I and Aubrey Hughes have invited a few along, but the more the merrier.

No pressure to become a paid up member of Z Car Club Qld, but it does have benefits, like access to a CAMS licence - if you want to run at Morgan Park at Warwick, not needed for QR and Lakeside.

Also ability to get the requred paperwork for Qld Transport to put your 30 year old car on concessional rego ( approx $200 per year)

We hold bi-monthly club meets, discuss what's coming up, and other plans etc.

All Welcome,

I wont be there on 27th, as I am in Japan visiting a couple of car places ( Nismo, Zama and Kameari) and going down white coverd hills fast!

• 3 weeks later...

A little disappointed no one really talked about z's... surprising how formal it was lol, I was expecting a gathering in a car park+bonnets open talking about new mods/restoration. plus side i'm looking forward to the parts some of the members may be selling (to benefit charity) wouldn't mind a new diff ;D haha

Would love to have a informal gather somewhere with a few people and their dattos+a cruise (not necessarily planned out so strenuously)

Was amazed at the numbers of z owners that were there tho, thought we were fewer+further apart lol

I think being the New Year there was more business to attend to for the club. Besides last night, I haven't been to a meeting in a few years but they have previously organised guest speakers to come in and talk about suspension, brakes or body work etc. I think before the actual meeting is a good chance to chat to some of the guys out the front about what they are doing etc.

I think once we get the forum organised and I get the "how to" document made we should organise a social gathering with club and forum members, something like we have done here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3261.0.html

I think the parts trading for charity is a great idea by Steve too!

Hey fellas, James here I met you boys last night.

Is always good to get the business end of things out of the way.

Most of us didn't end up clearing out until an hour after the meeting was closed, was a lot of talk inside about upcoming work/mods on our cars.

Don't get dishearted Stevo there's going to be plenty of social and more relaxed things in the future.

The parts thing is going to be great also, plenty of old stuff laying around that members have collecting dust - some members will benefit from it and so will the chosen charity.

It was great to see you guys come along to the club meeting and bring us up to speed on what the forum offers. I would like to say thank you on behalf of Z club Queensland for your input. Yes I know things can seem a little formal at times. But as an incorporated club we are required to follow this format as set out in our constitution. It is also a chance to let members know what we are planning and gather input . No point in planning an event if only 3 people have an interest in it.I found the meeting to be successfull as we now have planning for Xmas in July( weekend away) well under way . The first run of the year to MT Mee is on the 6 Feb and there will be plenty of Z`s to look at. We now also have plans to run another LAPZ type event at Lakeside or QR raceway this year. A show and shine event for Feb 20 . I am not sure how the swap meet fund raiser for the floods will work , but we will come up with something.