79' 280ZX for sale cheap QLD *****Auction ending!!*****

Bigworm

Hi guys im finally ready to let go of my beloved 280zx, as i now have too many projects and need to get rid of some due to moving where there is no space:( here are the details:

Good Points:

- 1979 series 1 280zx 2dr hardtop with customised body lines(the plastic/chrome weather stripping and rain channel was removed,and roof was re welded and fiberglassed to give whole car a sleek look same with the side pillars, refer to pics when i get around to putting some up)

- body was stripped and all rust cut out, re-plated, fiberglassed and rust-proofed and re-sprayed two tone red and black with a gold stripe (now has a solid black bonnet)

- I have just put in a re-cond L28 about a month ago and seemed to run great and have decent power for a standard 6, it has the 3sp auto box attached.

- the dash was customised by removing the cracks and then fiberglassing it and painted it black (with red cups inside the guage wells) and custom panels were made to fit a new stereo system deck into original dash. all other interior panels were re-coloured in black and red, and it has tan seats in the front.

- it has a great stereo system with a sony X-plode head deck, a set of alpine type S 4" speakers behind front seats run by an epsilon amp and two 10" subs run by a sony x-polde monoblock and a stinger capacitor (sounds like a small system but the sound is anything but small!)

- Comes with a set of 17" mags (2 with tyres are on the back wheels the other two have punctured tyres so just some standard z wheels on the front at the moment, but the other wheels come with it)

- has a remote keyless entry system with an alarm , and professional T20 window tint job done

- brakes have been re-done about 4 months ago and suspention is good with king springs installed too i belive

- bought a new battery just recently too

- Certainly turns heads, great stereo and drives really well

Bad points:

- paint is a little faded and has a dint in the front right guard (where someone hit it with a big bin in a car park accidentaly, wouldnt take much to beat out though) and i have just noticed a tiny bit of rust on one of the doors that i must have missed before, but its not really that bad

- air-con pump and belt were removed from engine for extra power but come with the car

- i put the re-cond engine in about a month or so ago and it was running great but i had just last week left it at my mates place fo a few days and now it wont start, it cranks over but just wont fire up. i had it towed down to my mechanics shop and he tested it said it had good spark and fuel but no injection pulse...? he told me it was probably the computer that was stuffed as it had some water in it when he pulled it apart, but i have started a new job recently so i have no time to fix it in the forseeable future. i would rather it go to a good home and restored to its former glory than to sit and rot at my place waiting for me to fix it.

- i am being as honest as possible so there are no nasty suprises when it comes to an inspection, but it wouldnt take much for somebody fairly handy to fix it, could beas simple as a computer swap, beating out the dint and the rust on the door, new coat of paint and she would be ready to hit the streets in style again, im pretty confident it would pass a rwc if these things were addressed.

Im trying to get $3000 for it but im open to offers as i now need it gone due to space.

call me Jesse on 0424 341 522 or message me for an inspection or any info.

Thanks guys pics up soon hpoefully

hey buddy yeh its a great car when its working drives like a dream but i no longer have the time to fix it, i was hoping to sell it before next week but if ur interested maybe i can wait until u have some cash and we can do a deal. How long were u thinking???

Mate, I can't believe nobody's bid on it.

I love what you've done around the windows!

It's a shame it's in QLD and NSW's rego is so tough.......... gasp, wheeze, thud. That was the sound of my wife choking me for even thinking about it  :P

Seriously, I hope someone comes to the party on this.

Pete.

Cheers Pete, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes the new look!!

The car didn't sell on eBay so I'm still chasing offers if anybody is after a bargain!

Cmon guys it's a great car at a really good price and If I had the time and money I wouldn't even be selling it

Thanks

Jesse

I guess we all here on this site know of his elect issues, I seriously considered it but this would just be an extra car for me (on top of Pathifinder, VE ute, VS ute, 280 with LS1 and 120y dirt car) I really don't need it but I do like the work on the roof. Still thinking of giving him a call. Phill (and yes my wife is killing me too!)

Thanks for the heads up pete, but still even if i buy the computer,i might not get a chance to put it in for like a couple of weeks... i kinda need it gone asap so i can just buy a cheap little 4cyl runabout to get to work, but ill just have to see how it goes with ebay as i relisted it with a lower starting price (hopefully i get a few bids this time).

cheers guys

I honestly dont think so, the main issue last time was the battery terminal heating up and i had a (Bloody expensive) mobile auto electrician come out and fix the wiring issues when i couldnt fix it myself, and the other reason i dont think its the same is, it was running so good since that stuff was fixed for like a month, it was a surprise when i got told the problem was electrical again!

If I was anywhere near the old gal, she'd be gone in a second :( I'm sure the auction will go off in the last few hours or so. If not, someone is going to be hugely happy with themselves at that price!

Kinda happy but sad at the same time. Ummm it was me who won the auction. I guess you can be glad to know that it will go to a good home with someone to care for it and bring it back to life. I hope the car is still safe and dry but won't be unable to come and get it until there is a road open in some way to get to you. We might talk about the price as well, as the couple of people on here that I have dealt with will atest, I am a pretty decent bloke.

I am really happy that I have it and now I have another project. Will get it running and registered and use it as my daily, although my friend is already trying to convince me to drop a LS1 into it and keep it registered this time. Ultimately this car will remain as a spare for me incase of some unfortunate incident with my track car.

My wife is not to happy, but jeez I could have spent the money on bringing a thai bride home with me from Thailand or something.

Know what you feel like mate!

Mine has half an hour left

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230569305539

It has hit the reserve and so looks like it will be leaving me. Pity I can not afford to keep on re-registering all the cars in my back yard, While i am happy it is going, also sad to see it leave.

After 2100kms with a car trailer, 24 hrs in the driver seat, 6.5 tanks of fuel, 6 pack of bourbon, 1 nights accomodation I finally have the car home. Car didn't present as well as the photos but will have a decent look today. Always a good sign when a reconditoned motor leaked a good amount of oil onto the trailer.