SANDOWN

dazzed

on the 18 of january 2009 ndsoc goes to SANDOWN for the first time of the year!!!!  ;D :D IT GOT VERY EXCITING We HAD TO GET UP AT 6 AM TO GET A SHED, WE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH our car we havent driven the 240 in a while so we came this day so we can give it the moment it needs to have. 8) 8)

when we got there we were low on fuel and i only put a bit of fuel in the tank so i had to come in pits

My son heard that there was a passenger session and he was so excited to go on but half of the time i was using my sons go karting helmet so we went home and got his helmet and came back cause i put the helmets in the wrong covers hahaha but sadly my son did not get to go on the session cause he had to be about 13 wat a waste of time :'( :'( then we put all the fuel we had into the tank and then the 240z was flying.. Im sure everyone had a greatday... RECENTY ETHAN WROTE THIS 0409167866      F ;D ;D ;D

• Moderators

It was an excellent day! A total of 114 entrants. I managed to sneak in 4 runs and another NDSOC club member found out what "brake fade" is at the end of the straight! Now that the MSCA runs with the Dorian transponders, track time has almost doubled so standard brakes won't really suit anymore if your pushing it hard. I also got some video footage of the front left hand wheel/suspension movement during a warmup lap and some of a run (gets a bit boring if it's 10 minutes long...) You'd be surprised how much the radius rod moves under brakes even with nolethane bushes installed. I'm still in the midst of uploading to youtube so I'll let you know when its ready to view. Also cured a handling issue with my zed. It had the worst case of "snap" oversteer. Almost through the first left hander and before you can say F#$K! I'm looking at oncoming traffic! Disconnected the rear roll bar and viola! I can actually turn harder! Need to chase up a 18mm front bar and remove the 22mm! Next one is at Calder ($$$$)

*edit* Youtube video of suspension

• Moderators

Scando, what did you have on the front? Mine is a 22 from memory, been told to run a 18 on the front and 18 on the rear...

Daniel, are the 13mm bars hard to come by? Might have to play around with different ones for good all rounders..

thats where the problem starts, they arnt available, and the only one that is available is 18mm , is a home made job bit of gal pipe off the old electric water heater and some old exhaust clamps kiddin., no i had it made still waiting for the rest of the batch to be finished i think i have sold 6 allready very popular

Yeah I just upgraded my front but most advise to me was not to worry about changing the rear. Dimitri is your front bar one of those adjustable sway bars? If so then try it on another setting. If not then maybe look at getting one of those. Better yet email Gordon direct and ask him to devulge what set up he has. I guess spring rates are the other question.

Scando, what did you have on the front? Mine is a 22 from memory, been told to run a 18 on the front and 18 on the rear...

I'm still running a standard front bar (16mm I think?).  When I bought the car it had the standard front bar and the 23mm rear bar to get it to turn in with the welded diff.  it worked ok but when I got the cage put in it really stiffened up the rear of the car and caused massive oversteer on power on.  Going back to the 16mm rear fixed this.  I'm going to buy a 22 or 23mm front bar to try with both the 16mm and 23mm rear bars and see what it's like.

Also cured a handling issue with my zed. It had the worst case of "snap" oversteer. Almost through the first left hander and before you can say F#$K! I'm looking at oncoming traffic! Disconnected the rear roll bar and viola! I can actually turn harder! Need to chase up a 18mm front bar and remove the 22mm! Next one is at Calder ($$$$)

*edit* Youtube video of suspension

Hey i have the same prob, i know my rear tyres had gone a bit hard but i expected a slight hint that i was about to perform a 180, anyway luckily i still have my original rear bar so i shall try that first before ditching it all together.