Metric speedometer

Jeffrey

Hello from Canada. Does the speedometer on your ausi Z cars display in mph or km/h? Ours here in Canada are all in mph. I've made a speedometer template that should work to replace the mph face on any speedo that normally reads from 10 to 160 mph. It's almost finished. I hope to get the rest of the gauges finished by next weekend. Do most of your speedo's go from 10-160mph or do they start at 0-160mph?

Here is what I have so far.  I think I need to add one more tick below the 20.

post-882-144023483498_thumb.jpg

post-882-144023483504_thumb.gif

mmmm i believe our 260z's are km/hr

I'm restoring a 240z which has mph for the odometer, I've used the 240z housing and the 260z internals and they fit perfectly and it works fine.

I'm making one for myself and a few club members. Once the gauge set is done I will probably post it for all to use and ask for a donation to fund my Z project. So all of your 260z's came with a km/h speedo? I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

I've done both. I hooked it up with the 260z casing but the problem is the bolts don't line up to the 240z holding brace out the back.

Holding Brace: in the 240z there's a brace between the speedometer and the odometer making the installation tight and won't budge.

Everything works. Hooking it up to the speedometer cable is fine. It's the same size plug.

After i found out the brace wouldn't link up. I took the internals out of the 260z speedometer and and switched it with the 240z. It fits perfectly, with the brace because its a 240z speedometer housing. Now i have a km/hr for my 240z.

ive got few km/h faceplates as i re did my guages and all i wanted is the housings (all the electronic/mechanicals have been removed and replaced with new type. 

so i got 2 or 3 km/h internal mechanisms. i can prob take it all appart and take a scan of the face plate so you have the right scale. or if u want the complete cluster not sure what postage will cost to Canada but i can send you if u cover the postage and handling for the complete mechanism (no housings as i still need that)

than all you have to do is use your white face and install the oz km/h mechanism in your mph housing and you ready to go. shouldnt need any calibration.

nice white face conversion by the way. i did a few in my time back in 1996 and still do odd one now and than. I also changed mine to white on my 260z check my gallery or link bellow.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,1657.0.html

rbz 260 if you are willing to ship them to me I'm certainly willing to pay the shipping and handling costs. I have family in Queensland and they have sent gifts to my children and didn't cost too much to ship. I think a package under .75 kilos is under $20. The guage face templates I've made are calibrated for placement over a 10 to 160 MPH speedometer. I'm not looking to go with the white face guages but I made them in case someone wanted them. I can easily save the file to use any colour scheme really or a custom logo. If you want a custom template made let me know.

I'll PM you.

We call them zeds as well. :)I'm not making them. I just made the template that you can either print on matt photo paper or have printed on vinyl. I'm going to print one for myself on matte photopaper and coat it with clear to seal it. I'm going to try to duplicate the look of the other guages as closely as possible.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time sure passes quickly. Sorry for not updating this post if anyone was waiting for this. Here is a white and a black speedo template made to go over a 260z mph gauge.

white face --> http://www.atlanticz.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2294.0;attach=4846

black face --> http://www.atlanticz.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2294.0;attach=4848