WTB: 240z Antenna Switch

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

I managed to source a second Hitachi Radio for my 72 240z, I also managed to source a couple of new faceplates and knobs for them also, I've been donated an antenna switch for 1 of them which was great, now I'm looking for another switch.

Example photos of said switch.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSjBneVjbM_elJ_dgur23Y84lNxtLnPcc-_8kFSwQuQ6dRp3FJSg

post-2169-14150795807417.jpg

$_12.JPG

$T2eC16FHJG!FFmu4mPHgBSG7ZHlCB!~~60_57.JPG

There was 1 on eBay a little while ago but it's disappeared if anyone has a lead on 1 or has 1 for sale let me know?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Just bought an entire radio as pictured above (sadly no faceplate) which came with a switch. So I now have 3 of these radios but only 2 switches.

$_57.JPG

If someone is selling a switch please let me know? Otherwise I'll keep hunting...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just bought an entire radio as pictured above (sadly no faceplate) which came with a switch. So I now have 3 of these radios but only 2 switches.

If someone is selling a switch please let me know? Otherwise I'll keep hunting...

*Edit sadly the seller decided not to send me this head unit and refunded my money. I wasn't happy, think he sold it elsewhere for more money. Don't deal with seller

http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/1983quattro

So I'm still looking for an antenna switch been watching eBay with no joy. Will take a broken switch also!

Gav I might be willing to part with mine if you want something local.  It has been attached to the side of the trans tunnel when a past owner put in a more modern stereo and stands out like dogs you know what so I have been thinking about what I'll do with it.  Thinking that ultinately I'll go for one of the Retrosound head units and stick with a manual aerial so let me know.

• Administrators

Well if you decide to part with it I'm interested mate. Sadly the last head unit I tried to buy the deal fell through.. I've got reproduction faceplates being made at the moment.

2015-05-19.jpg

Just waiting on the chrome to be done for the knobs etc..

I decided I'd put the original head units in both my 240z's. The switch is really the last missing piece.

• Administrators

I'm going to restore both and put 1 in each 240z I have. I like the look of the stock interior.

Our market seems to have only received this style of head unit. (70-73) Where as the North American market got a couple of different versions over the years and only got this unit for 70/71 cars. Which makes these quite a rare find.

I believe the Japanese market had a different unit also (8 track?) but that might be for the PS30, I think the regular Fairlady Z-S and Fairlady Z-L might have had this unit. I'm not really sure?

http://www.petrolicious.com/this-nissan-fairlady-240z-l-is-a-rare-japanese-survivor

The Fairlady 240Z-L here appears to have the 8-track head unit.

I'm sure you've seen the prices being asked for these on eBay and they are not going to get easier to find. It's also great that 240zrubberparts.com is reproducing the faceplates and knobs. I've ordered a couple through him but it takes a couple of months due to waiting on chrome plater etc..

You should probably order 1 also George, have you found an antenna switch for yours?

Not too worried about a lack of music in the S30z, the music is from the induction sound of Triple Carbs anyway :).

You should probably order 1 also George, have you found an antenna switch for yours?

I have a plate with cracked corners where the screws go. I will order one through him. Just waiting for him to come up with more parts before I place another order. I ordered pretty much everything on his site late last year.

Yes, I have a switch. Looks tatty compared to the freshly plated radio I have but it's not something you can see so I'm not fussed. It looked difficult to take apart for plating so I left it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, beeto said:

Gav240z, do you still have any of these radio faceplates? :)

No spares. Unless you're interested in damaged/cracked ones?