(Syd) FS: 1979 Datsun 280zx 2+2 Manual NA $5000

brains

Hi all,

Some of you might know about this car, I have owned it for a couple months and spent a few grand getting it back up to a respectable, clean Z.

The only problem Im having is that in this time I have only really driven it twice as I dont have the time to use it. I'd rather it be owned by someone who will enjoy it more frequently than I can and I also need the money to go towards my HECS university loan.

Pics here:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cherrybrook/cars-vans-utes/1979-datsun-280zx-coupe/1009476387

Located in Cherrybrook NSW 2126, Price is $5000

Contact Brian (myself) on 0430 054 120

Heres the stuff I wrote up copied from the eBay ad.

Up for sale is my Datsun 280zx 2+2 Manual NA 1979

This car has spent half its life as a weekender and there fore has relatively low KMs and is in great condition inside and out.

Selling the car as I dont use it enough to justify owning it and I feel someone else will get more enjoyment out of it, I am also

trying to pay off my student loan for university. No expense has been spared on the car.

A few points about the car:

-Rebuilt gearbox and diff (with LSD) two years ago.

-Resprayed about 6 years ago in this awesome blue colour.

-Almost no rust, just a little around the windshield as pictured.

-Original matching numbers engine with no mechanical issues.

-Brand new Rota RBX wheels with Brand New Kumho Tyres (Fitted last week).

-New suspension (KYB Shock and Aurora Springs).

-Nardi Steering Wheel.

-Standard Engine apart from headers (extractors) back exhaust which sounds amazing.

-Underside of the car is rust free.

-190,000km.

-Jan 2013 Rego.

-New wiperblades and Narva headlights.

-All electrics (mirrors, windows, dash, gauges) work.

Some not as good points:

-Gas struts for boot need to be replaced as the dont hold the hatch up.

-Rear parcel tray could use a re-trim.

-Dash has some cracks in it, however its covered by the dash mat.

-The bit of rust around the windshield.

-A/C has been bypased as one of the hoses had a leak in it and needs to be replaced, cheap easy fix if you want A/C it just never bothered me and I didnt use it anyway. It blew cold air before it was disconnected.

-No sound system

-Although the car was resprayed a little while ago there are still some imperfections in the paint (Couple of chips here and there, aswell some cracks in the paint on the fiberglass rear hatch). I wouldnt call it winning showcar quality but it is very respectable.

Overall this is a very very tidy example of a classic Fairlady Z. This particular car needs no work done to it, just general upkeep similar to that of a new car. It drives extremely well and with the new suspension and wheel set up, and the great exhaust note, gets a lot of positive attention on the road. You could easily drive this daily as it is extremely reliable and fun to drive.

If you have any queries or would like to inspect the car please contact me (Brian) on 0430 zero five four 120.

Pick up from Cherrybrook 2126 NSW, however if you arrange an interstate transporter I am happy to help.

Price will go up in about a month when I renew rego.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

i purchased this car , and have used it to build up my series one , i will be putting a set of tripples back on it , and selling it off , if anyone is interested in parts of to purchase the car as a whole , let me know