yet another newbie

Hello. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the fellow zedders on here.

I live on the east coast side of the united states in the state of north carolina. I am 35 years old and have owned two Z's so far. I have also owned at best count 9 510's/ 1600/ bluebirds and one 67.5 1600 fairlady. As for the Z's the first one I bought and currently still own/ will always own is a 1972 240Z US version- The car was originally owned by a Datsun/Nissan racer by the name of Jim Fitzgerald. He was teammates and best friend to Paul Newman at Bob Sharp Racing. This 240 was his street "toy". I have heard stories of engines run and blown up in this car just to be  replaced with another. It is simply dressed with BRE style front and rear spoilers and had "Libra" 14x5.5 4-spoke wheels on it. I have since sourced a set of the magnesium 14x7 "LeMans" wheels which were used on the BRE Z's in the 70's. I have also purchased a set of Minilites which was fitzys' choice of wheel on his racecars. Drivetrain is stock L28 with '72 SU carbs, Comp header, 2.5" exhaust electronic ignition  5spd tranny  R200 4.11 diff   4-wheel disc brakes  Comp european springs with KYB struts.  I have done more than a fair share of body work to get the body back in shape. The car has been converted to a black interior to match a set of Recaro seats.  The car also has the euro style bumpers with shaved emblems, side lights, etc. I have parted out a couple of various s30 cars over the years to better what I had in most cases, so if you are looking for parts/spares for a s30, keep me in mind- willing to ship, willing to trade for non-us items, memorbillia etc. Looking for taillights w/ amber lenses (see ads) Thanks for your time and interest.  Jim  oh yeah, the other z was a 81 ZXT.

Welcome, sounds like a nice car with a bit of history.  If you check the Australian version of ebay, there is quite often sets of the amber lense tail lights going, if you are having difficulty finding them from someone here.

Also, I dont supose you have another 4.1 diff gear set there? I have a 3.7, but its not enough for me.

Well it may be a small cost, but in Australia they cost $1200AUD (about $900USD) or so for the 2 gears and that is the biggest load of crap to me, so  if you can get me a really good price, it would be very much appreciated.

I'll hit two responses on here at the same time- (1) My Z is at the paint shop as we speak so as soon as it's back together, I'll share the aftermath of my blood sweat tears and several choice words along the way. (2)  As for the R200 4.11 mine came out of a 85 200sx turbo with A/T  Was it called a Silvia there? I paid  $200 USD for mine. That's the going rate when you can find them here used. Are you willing to go used? I'll see if the one I know of is still available.

Hell yeh ill go used, im not sure if you mean S13 200sx(silvia)?  i cant remember what years they were made.  But im willing to pay that much less for a used, as long as the teeth are in good condition.  So it would be the crown and the pinion gear, thanks heaps for your help buddy.

Ill see if i can find you some tail lights.  Do they have to be 240Z tail lights, or would you take 260Z (2 seater) tail lights?

Is there a difference on the taillights? I think I'd have to modify the rear bulkhead to fit the different taillight assemblies. I will be glad to see if I can help on the diff. Now what I quoted is the entire hogshead/pumpkin/diff- I can see about finding the gears seperate if you or you know somebody that can put one together properly. You let me know which route you want to take. I also own a 1971 1600 wagon that I would be interested in taillights for along with any other items that were different between the Aust and US cars. As for the 200sx- yeah I think it is S13- 1984-1988?

the ones here that were turbo cars came with 3.90 in the manual cars and the automatic had the 4.11 in 85 and I think 86- but the regular 200sx N/A had a 4.11 R180 diff in it if you can use the R180. Either way, you're lookinf at approx $200 Usd.

I would just need the gears, it would be cheaper freight that way.  I didnt realise the S13s used the longnose R200, either way, it sounds a lot cheaper from the states.  As for the 1600, I have a friend who knows lots of people with other  (non zed) datsuns.  Ill see what i can do.