dat2kman Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 Suit hillclimb or tarmac use, ex circuit, half worn, would do with a decent burnout to clean up. Size marked is 195/60x14, but once fitted on some 7" rims they are more like 205/55x14 New price $320 each, sell the set of four at $400 Can deliver to Sydney end June, or Melb end July Quote
DAZDA Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 Jason, How do they compare to the Yokohamas A048? Quote
dat2kman Posted May 30, 2012 Author Posted May 30, 2012 Mucho betterer! All the Porsche guys are onto these. Being half worn, i would suggest mount them reverse on rims, ie the inside is to go on outside. They are also wider and lower in size compared to A048's, but are marked as 195/60's ! This is for Historic elegibility in Gp N and S You still get guys on the A048's as they are cheaper. I have just fitted a fresh set so these are ready to go. BTW i am off to Eden via coast next week, you could meet me somewhere ala last time, if keen? Or at Eastern ck in June. Quote
luvemfast Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 Being half worn, i would suggest mount them reverse on rims, ie the inside is to go on outside. I have RE55S on my car too. So you find them ok, on the wrong sides, when they wear low on the inside? I've been considering this to get another event out of them. Quote
Gordo Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Simon, when my re550 are half warn I get them turned around and haven't had any problems. They are to expensive not to get the most out of them. Quote
luvemfast Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Simon, when my re550 are half warn I get them turned around and haven't had any problems. They are to expensive not to get the most out of them. I agree. Do you change sides (tyre shop) or run them backwards (swap sides)? Quote
Gordo Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 I do both. Run them the opposite side and backward . At the end of the day just trying to get the tread ware Evan . So I use every last mm of rubber. Quote
dat2kman Posted June 1, 2012 Author Posted June 1, 2012 Reverse and backwards is good for max usage, but, as i have put fresh ones on for. winton Historics, on August 11/12, these are up for sale. Someone can get reasonable use out of them. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.