muscle66 Posted June 11, 2007 Posted June 11, 2007 Hi all, I have a 260z, Ive had it now for about 3yrs,it's in resto with the body done (mostly) and all suspention and driveline except motor finnished...Interior still to go and an engine choice to decide on....3.1 ltr stroker sounds nice!! and a 5 stud wheel conversion if easy...any advice welcome guys! Iv'e been in prof racing for 15 and this is my toy for the weekends..... Jack. Quote
sco_aus Posted June 11, 2007 Posted June 11, 2007 Hey mate, welcome. So your not going for original restoration then? Im interested to see how the 3.1 strokers go, I hear about them a lot, but no one seems to have done it. Scott Quote
muscle66 Posted June 11, 2007 Author Posted June 11, 2007 I have gone for a little bit of a suttle change to the car....fluting in the front guards like the bmw m5...bob tail wing...front under sill like cobra daytona and gaurds flared in steel 35mm...that way I can fit 9' wheels in the rear...7' in the front...painted in subaru crystal grey...bullet mirrors...and eventually black leather interior white gauges and alloy bits.......hope that helps with mental picture !!! The stroker is in kit for from the USA...$2200 But indution is a big Q, it has efi now of what I think is a 240z. You ? Quote
sco_aus Posted June 11, 2007 Posted June 11, 2007 Sounds good mate, any pictures? i went mechanical first and then ill sort out the looks, but it doesnt look bad for the moment. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2524481 its all there basically, im putting new 550cc injectors, bolt on flares and a front bar to run wider rims and better stability at higher speeds. The injectors are maxing out at about 6k at a 7500 redline so im missing out on a lot of power and revs there (not that it needs more power ). Quote
muscle66 Posted June 11, 2007 Author Posted June 11, 2007 I looked at the pics from your link...very nice (always did like silver)....! I have non on the net but I should fix that...! Well when it finnally comes back from the suspension place,they seem to have had the car for ever!!!!!!!!!! I will take some. J Quote
sco_aus Posted June 11, 2007 Posted June 11, 2007 cool. I hear you with the susoension thing, im waiting for Bilstein to finish building custom rear shocks for mine and its already been 3 months for that and 5 months for the engine rebuild, staring to get frustrated, but im getting free labour with the engine so i cant complain too much Quote
nat0_240_chevZ Posted June 12, 2007 Posted June 12, 2007 mmm sounds like this car!!! the orange one. nato Quote
s301972usa Posted June 26, 2007 Posted June 26, 2007 I was just reading this post and thought I might be able to help with info, etc on the 3.1 stroker motor. The way most are done here that I'm aware of is to source the parts used if possible. First is the diesel crank out of (in the US) diesel 810 and 910 Maxima both used a converted L24 block/head- not sure you had the diesels there or not; next is the 9mm conn rods from _/72- 73 240Z's (US) then the usual piston used is from the KA24E 4cyl 200sx/240sx/pickup/? in the us, the used cranks go for about 200-250.00, 100.00 for the 9mm rods; I was able to buy new pistons and ringsets (will need 2 sets of rings) from my dealer for 400+/- Nissan USA wants 1200.00 for the crank!!!! the 3.1 kit sells for 1800.00 here. Hope that sheds a little light on the subject. I've seen dyno sheets for anywhere from 150- 350 Hp on pump fuel, guess it would depend on the headwork, cam, etc. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.