showtime Posted January 11, 2012 Posted January 11, 2012 Hi fellow z owners, I am looking for a Gear Set 3.7.1 to fit a r180 long nose diff in my 280zxt , Note r200 is not what i am after brought one buy mistake . Let me know if you have got one, even a complete diff is fine cheers. Quote
dat2kman Posted January 11, 2012 Posted January 11, 2012 Yep, can help you out! Freight not a prob. Do you have fitted a r180 now? What are the output stubs on your existing diff? I have a 3.7 as well as a 3.5 both r180, comprising the pinion gear already set up in the housing, and the crown wheel loose, ie not on a hemisphere. This way, you strip your hemi centre out, fit it into my thing, after attaching crown, then your existing half shafts and stubs/flanges, bolt straight in. I hope! Good idea, get under the car, with a decent torch, take pics of the side plates and half shaft outputs, I'll compare to what I have to double check. These two came out of other models, reason no hems, is 'cos they were ultra rare Nismo limo centres, sorry long since sold!! Quote
showtime Posted January 12, 2012 Author Posted January 12, 2012 The r180 i pulled out yesterday so I’ve had a good look at it. My output shaft splines are 25. They are cv joint drive shaft as well. Here is some photos of the r180. Quote
dat2kman Posted January 12, 2012 Posted January 12, 2012 What I have here is same as yours,,, But,,, I stuffed up tooth count, I have only a 3.9:1, as well as a 3.54:1 Dame housings and side plates as ypurs. . Let me know if either will suit. The 3.9 will give you better acceleration off the line, but at highway cruise speed the engine will be doing approx 200 rpm more, than with the 3.7 ratio. Quote
PZG302 Posted January 12, 2012 Posted January 12, 2012 The 3.9 will be a great ratio for road and the occasional track outing. Quote
showtime Posted January 12, 2012 Author Posted January 12, 2012 Ill let ya know in a couple of days time, really chasing a 3.7.1 ratio cos its going behind a full manual 3 speed jetco, and at 3.9.1 highway rpm will be about 3600 or 3700 with 25inch tyre diameter. 3.7.1 is perfect for my application. Quote
browbr85 Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 hi im chasing a long nose R180 3.7 rear diff if anyone got one, if so can u email me please (brianbrown85@live.com) thanks Quote
dat2kman Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 hi im chasing a long nose R180 3.7 rear diff if anyone got one, if so can u email me please (brianbrown85@live.com) thanks Have a 3.9 diff here in Brisb, can arrange freight. Have emailed you as above. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.