Cutting FG bonnet to fit 260Z vents

sco_aus

Hey guys,

Anyone who knows me, knows that body work is by far my biggest flaw, I have no idea.  Anyways, I have just purchased and soon to get my FG bonnet, but it has no vents.  I am going to swap my 260Z vents to it, but I don't know how easy it will be and how to do it?  I have plenty of tools available, just not a lot of skills.

BTW, I don't want to keep the steel part under the vent, just the vent (louvre thing).

Also, is it better to spray the bonnet before or after I put the vents on?

Chars

Scott

My fav cutting tool is the 1mm blades for the 4 inch grinder, the thin ones. If you can cut it proud (not quite to the original shape) and then finish with a file to get the right shape. A couple of points.

It may seem like a big deal to cut but there is nothing that can't be repaired with fibreglass or steel.

The template for the left can be flipped upside down to be the template for the other side.

If you want my number i can PM you it and i'll walk you through it.  ;D

You are a gentleman and a scholar... Mostly :).  Thanks heaps mate, I like that idea.  I did use the same to cut my guards with a lot of success (I was surprised as anyone how well it came out).  I'll PM you sooner to the time.

use masking tape as guide. tape edges and make up a grid with masking tape.

to cut use 1mm 100mm disc angle grinder. be sure not to cut all the way, leave 15mm to the end of the corners and finish it off with dremels.

good luck mate.