WannaZed Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 Hi all, have been looking for a 260Z 2+2 with the aim of restoring it and adding a few mods. Come across one with a small amount of surface rust at a reasonable price but has an auto trans. Can anyone advise me if a conversion to a manual trans involves a lot of work and how available the manual transmissions are, or should I keep looking. Also have noticed alot of 260's getting sold for parts. Are parts becoming hard to get? Quote
Scoota G Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 Try this topic. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,1986.0.html If somone dosen't know here, it's not worth knowing. Gearboxes show up in the For Sale section all the time. If it's a good price for what you're getting then grab it. Quote
Quandary Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 I did a swap and having never done a job like this before that guide was damn good. Nothing seems to have broken yet anyway. I would just be concerned about the condition of the car. When you get around to a conversion the hardest part to source is the factory manual pedals. I'm sure something else would go nicely but I was too embarrassed to ask what other guys had done. Good luck, hope you do buy a bus. Quote
stevo_gj Posted June 6, 2010 Posted June 6, 2010 Welcome! It's a reasonably straight forward job with the guide. Some parts are common, some aren't (like 240z door mirrors). 260z 2+2s were quite common so parts aren't too rare for them. I would recommend browsing round the forum to get a better idea. Almost every question about 260z ownership you will have is going to have been asked before. I recommend using the search function (top right of page, make sure go to the main forum page AKA index before you use it) every time you have a question and if you don't get any answers from that at least you will be able to ask for help with a bit more background knowledge. Good luck finding a Z Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.