Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi Guys

 

Courtesy of a stupid F@#k1#g women deciding to stop at a green light. >:(............I now have around $8-9k of front end damage to my Zed.

Does anyone have a r/h handlight bucket (metal) and grill they may wish to part with ?

 

First prang I have ever had in my Zed in 21 years of ownership............. :'(

 

Car is now back at Rankins restos , damage to bonnet (new one ordered from Nissan), r/h headlight bucket, bumper, radiator support and r/d inner guard.................I was just thinking the other day that it needed a bonnet respray due to the stone chips.........well this certainly solved that issue

 

Alan

 

 

Posted

Sh1t  Alan, thats no good.

 

At least someone else may have a chance for a trophy at shows while its being repaired  :P

 

Sorry can't help you with the bucket.

Is it covered by insurance? If so maybe get a new one from Nissan (if they're available)

Posted

I have some. Where are you? If you can't find any closer to home let me know. I am in Brisbane.

Posted

Thanks Guys

 

Rob in Adelaide has a good grill and I think I've found a hightlight bucket that has not been repaired before.

I tried Nissan but no luck with headlight buckets.........nil stock for years............lucky thay have new bonnets ex Japan

My Zed is insured for $30k with Shannons so no problem there (just the $500 exess and bloody inconvenience) .

 

The bumper is repairable so the major hammer work is the radiator support and drivers side inner guard, I will now get the car sent to Hardy Kuln Restos on Lillydale............he has done some magnificent Roadster restos (including Gavin Cox's white Sports 2000 that wins outright the every year ).........this is his first Zed but I'm sure it is in good hands and will come back as new .

 

I just need to find another Jap spec "Z" bonnet badge

Alan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...