Moderators Zedman240® Posted April 8, 2010 Author Moderators Posted April 8, 2010 With the Technic Lego, purchased the early 80's yellow bulldozer (856? I think?) with bidding but when I went to pickup, apparently all they do on ebay is buy and sell Lego sets. I have the pneumatic excavator lined up and a couple of other older technic sets. For 4 sets, they are happy with around $200 some with the box and all with the instructions. I had some of the early grey space sets but they were incomplete. They were sacrificed to the gods of ebay. I remember the Jet Hopper but have yet to see them anywhere! I frequent the trash and treasure markets but with no luck. I think soon if alot of members attend the zed nationals, we can have a nostalgic Tamiya race meet!! hahaha Quote
RBZ 260 Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 i knew i should have got a nitro off road instead of the s15 bodied RC nitro car. has impressive specs LOL 2spd gearbox and AWD with rear disc brake and beefed up engine. still have issues controlling it too quick for me. looking for a 240z body "cheap" 1/10 scale. as for technic sets got few pneumatic and electric sets. got the big chassis 1980 one with the boxer 4 and reclinable red seats wasnt complete got it cheap with box and instructions. need to source the wheels and one hose. but for $20 cant complain. they sell on evil bay over $150 with box and instructions. also got few helicopters planes, buggies, go carts motorbikes etc.... too much. i recon i got over 500 sets in total plus about 10kg of loose parts missus thretening to sell if we get short with the house build. NOOOOOO LOL... good thing about lego it hold its value quite well. sells well on ebay too. grr u had to post that didnt u LOL... Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted April 9, 2010 Author Moderators Posted April 9, 2010 About expensive rc cars.. My 2nd hand 1/5 scale cost me $1800..and I still need a radio! Worth it though, four wheel hydraulic disc brakes, everything is either alloy or carbon. Very impressive hardware! For the Lego car, if you want, I have four of those wheels but the small detail is the hubs are white instead of grey. With the 240Z body, they are available in polycarbonate from ABC Hobby in Japan. Some shops can get them in. I have one painted red/black like the safari rally scheme.. I just want to collect what I got rid of many years ago..and maybe a bit more! Quote
RBZ 260 Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 For the Lego car, if you want, I have four of those wheels but the small detail is the hubs are white instead of grey. pm me how much u want for those wheels also what other spare parts u may have. ie electric/optic/ pneumatic and technic pieces prob send me a pic than i can circle what i need. hihihi also if u need anything just send me a pm. I just want to collect what I got rid of many years ago..and maybe a bit more! hmmm mate u must be my long lost twin or something LOL same idea here. Quote
luvemfast Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 Don't get me into trouble with the wife Dimitri, the boy in me wants to play....... http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?language=en Quote
FuzzyDropbear Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 Ha, yeah, these things can sure add up over time can't they? I have a TA02, TA03 and the Kyosho 240z kit (christmas present that I'm still to put together) and a nitro Kyosho 4WD F1. If only I had the time to play with them all... :-\ How much does a super hornet or modern day equivalent go for these days? I have some pretty good areas for off road racing around here. Have you guys seen that RC car simulator game thing that was floating around for a while? It was great fun, but could never be bothered to buy the controller, so keyboard was a bit limiting. Quote
Brabham Posted April 9, 2010 Posted April 9, 2010 Dimitri you're in luck they have re-released the hotshot. Google the Tamiya website and check it out!!! P.S. anyone know if anyone does a Polycarb body of a Porsche 917??? I have got my 240Z ABC body on order. Tamiya has also just released an off-road replica of the SAfari rally 240Z. I am terribly tempted... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.