Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys.

 

My 1979 280zx needs a gearbox!!! anybody got one? (I'm in Canberra but willing to pay extra for postage). OR anybody know where to get one? I tried SSS Automotive in Sydney but they said they didn't have any :(

 

Please let me know! :D

 

Cheers,

Dylan

Posted

What ratios would you like?

I have a 260 box with a 2.9 first,  a few with with 3.3 first, and one with a 3.5 first,  (which came out of a 280ZX 1980 that also had a non power assit steering rack)that would suit if you are using a 3.5 or 3.7 diff

Brisbane location but travelling to Phillip Island in mid march, could meet you at either Goulburn or Yass on way through.

Posted

What ratios would you like?

I have a 260 box with a 2.9 first,  a few with with 3.3 first, and one with a 3.5 first,  (which came out of a 280ZX 1980 that also had a non power assit steering rack)that would suit if you are using a 3.5 or 3.7 diff

Brisbane location but travelling to Phillip Island in mid march, could meet you at either Goulburn or Yass on way through.

 

You know what - I'm not that big of a car person :(

but i can find out those things :) if u kinda give me a hint as to where to look for those things? i'm a noob..

Posted

I'd say you are looking for a 280zx box with original ratios. Look at some of the posts on this forum where people are parting out their cars. Also using the search box on this website may yield useful results. Also check out Ebay. You are looking for an L28 (280zx motor) 5 speed gearbox.

Posted

I'd say you are looking for a 280zx box with original ratios. Look at some of the posts on this forum where people are parting out their cars. Also using the search box on this website may yield useful results. Also check out Ebay. You are looking for an L28 (280zx motor) 5 speed gearbox.

 

yeah thats what im looking for.. what he said :) <3 thanx dude

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...