Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All  ;D

I'm looking for a pair of the 'good' SU's to fit to my 260z 2+2.

I have the manifold, just need the carbs.

 

I acutally have British SU's, but I couldn't tune properly and the nearest carb tuner wanted $600 to set them up!. I'm currently running a Holley 350, which isn't bad but needs a tune.

 

Please help!! :'(

Posted

I believe that British SUs are almost identical to the Jap SUs in terms of tuning and performance (as long as they have the same diameter throat). I can't see how swapping to the hitachi version is going to help you. :(

Posted

Hi Stevo,

That's what I've figured out after a bit of research too. The problem I have is that I think one(or both) of the carbs have worn shaft bushings, hence causing the tuning problems. I have replaced\renewed everything else(dizzy, plugs, gaskets, timing chain, valve clearences etc) with no love.

Would probably be cheaper to buy a second hand pair of 240Z su's than try and fix these ones, me thinks  :-[

Posted

I'm not sure if ZTherapy still does SU/Hitachi kits. But be aware that some shaft bushing leakage is catered for in the design of the carb.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...