Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Lurch rang me with some bad news of sorts, apparently 3 of the 4 struts in my "Z" are 55mm, the left hand front is a 51mm, go figure, its never been biffed on that side, and as long as I have had the car apart from the normal change over of worn out ball joints etc, I never touched it.

 

So if anyone out there is wrecking or has a 55mm strut out of either a 2 or 2+2 seater, get back to me ASAP

 

Cheers

 

John

 

P.S. have located one in Ballarat, however bit of a drive.

Posted

I take it the 55mm are from 260Z's and 51mm are from 240Z's??

 

I've got a left hand 260Z one but it comes with a free right hand as well.

 

What is the difference by the way apart from the diameter. I take it Lurch is modifying them for coil overs. Which is prefered, thicker the better???

Posted

I take it the 55mm are from 260Z's and 51mm are from 240Z's??

 

I've got a left hand 260Z one but it comes with a free right hand as well.

 

What is the difference by the way apart from the diameter. I take it Lurch is modifying them for coil overs. Which is prefered, thicker the better???

 

Yup, 51 mm came off the 240Z's, 55mm off the 260Z's, spoke to a mate today who has some connections within Nissan and he told me how Nissan are constantly skrewing arond with cars at the start and end of production runs right up until recent times, an example he gave was how N14's at the start of their production run were being fitted with N13 hubs.

 

Best I can guess speaking to Lurch was that my car was built around 01/75 at the start of the revised floor pan, earlier 260Z's were still using 240Z shell components, may be that I was unlucky to cop a single LHF 51mm strut with 260Z hub.

 

Thems the breaks, need the 55mm to complete the coil over upgrade.

 

Cheers

 

John

  • Moderators
Posted

Got one here if you want to swap them over. I have  a pair of 260 front struts but i own a 240Z. Might be good as a spare!

Posted

Got one here if you want to swap them over. I have  a pair of 260 front struts but i own a 240Z. Might be good as a spare!

 

OK,

 

Happy to swap the tubes over, but its just the left hand front Dimitri, my RHF is a 55mm, what part of Melbourne are you in, Im about 10 kms east of Tullamarine runway 5,

 

John

 

Item located thanks to Dimitri

 

Thanks to all that responded

 

John

Posted

Ok just a recap. 51mm 240Z struts can fit in a 260Z but 55mm 260Z or 280ZX struts will not fit a 240Z??

 

I have a set of (front and rear) 260Z struts and a set of 280ZX struts which I thought may have been an upgrade to use for a coil over mod for my 240Z but if this isn't possible then they'll be going in the for sale section.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...