NEW Wangan Midnight live action movie announced

Cdr Zero

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion differs slightly. If you know the wangan story, the movie is quite good and very faithful. Few technical things wrong and the speed up of driving footage is unforgivable but I enjoyed the movie. Even my missus' watched it and she hates subtitles

Watched the movie and I think its worth it. Once again if you know the animation this movie is spot on, but it is still watchable by those that don't. I think it was enough to excite S30Z fans. The car in the movie was brilliant. They only wreck look alike 260z's though.

I assume this went well in Japan??

Each to their own I guess. I have seen the originals so it's not that I'm foreign to the heart of the story. I just don't think they did what they could have but I guess it all comes down to budget?

I just think if you're going to re-do a good story with the addition of modern filming techniques and special effects, do it properly not half assed. But hey, if you guys liked it then I guess they've still accomplished what they set out to do.  :D