Natez Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 hey... Time has come to buy some weatherstruipping for the car, i want the full car new stuff, so wheres a good place/ with a good price to buy for the car.. looked at ebay, can get sent to my door for around 350 for full kit Quote
lambs Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 Time has come to buy some weatherstruipping for the car' date=' i want the full car new stuff, so wheres a good place/ with a good price to buy for the car.. looked at ebay, can get sent to my door for around 350 for full kit[/quote'] There's nothing available locally that compares with the kits available from the US. About the only thing you can get is the front windscreen seal and that was $100+ last time I checked (and that was awhile ago....). If you look at what comes in the US kit, most of the bit are only available through Nissan (if at all) and you won't get much for $350... Having said that, I haven't checked locally for many years for stuff like this, and perhaps places like Rare Spares have lifted their game, although I doubt it. I bought a kit like this in many years ago and cost me $250 or so landed. The only thing I found was that the door seals were a little 'thick' and made the doors hard to close, even after a few years use. Apparently it was a known problem and they fixed it with later versions of the kit I bought. I ended up taking the door seals out and replacing them with 'generic' weatherstrip from Scots Old Rubber. Quote
Natez Posted February 5, 2006 Author Posted February 5, 2006 this is the actaul kit here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-COMPLETE-WEATHERSTRIP-KIT-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33685QQitemZ8034323599QQrdZ1 i was qouted 72.75US for shipping... using XE.com so it will be 341 deliverd... Quote
lambs Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 this is the actaul kit here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-COMPLETE-WEATHERSTRIP-KIT-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33685QQitemZ8034323599QQrdZ1 i was qouted 72.75US for shipping... using XE.com so it will be 341 deliverd... That's all pretty much what I got with mine and looks like a good buy (note that a few parts in the kit aren't used on all models). The only way to check is to log onto the US Z forums and see what they're saying about kits like this. Also suggest you get local prices on the front and rear windscreen rubbers. I'm pretty sure you'll find that the cost of those two alone over here won't be far off the cost of the US kit. Quote
warrenz Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 Hi You can get the bailey channel and the door seal stuff from Scotts Old Auto Rubber if you are shopping around for individual items http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/ Warren Quote
Huw Posted February 8, 2006 Posted February 8, 2006 just a word of warning, I got my weatherstripping from MSA and large sections of it are too big, leaving panels sticking out a bit much, have basically solved it but it's a nuisance. I'm still opening and shutting and adjusting to get them down a bit. if you can get a smaller/closer to original stripping will be better. (but i don't think u can).... good luck Huw Quote
sco_aus Posted June 3, 2007 Posted June 3, 2007 This is the one i got from Bill in Arizona, really helpful bloke. Im yet to fit them, but from what i have seen, its a better option than paying through your arse at rare spares. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.