NEWBIE Z

RDM-Z

HI ALL

i'm totally new to this site....

i'm in the path of buying a Zed.... opted to get a 260Z....

i love the Midnight Wangan Zed.....

one question i want to know are the 240 and 260Z have the same body??

i planning to get like carbon flares , front lip and bonnet which states 240Z. i'm not to sure if 240Z parts are direct fit with a 260?

help will be great!!

Hello RDM-Z

and welcome to auszcar.

Here you'll find a great deal of information about the Zeds and all the questions, you have asked can be found in this forum but to give you quick answers.

240z and 260z ... same exterior shape, the difference would probably only be the transmission tunnel, as the 260z has a larger tunnel capable of holding a larger gearbox or bigger resonators for the exhaust system.

Parts can be interchangeable for both cars on a grand scale and you can always modify them slightly if they don't fit straight away.

Exterior panels are all the same. However apparently the 260z vented hood was there for a reason, something about pockets of trapped air.

Wangan fan beware... 260z harder to find as a 2 seater, however they are in better condition and do come with many needed upgrades, in comparison to the 240z. But then again if you like the 240z rear lights... you can always do what Sulio (another proud fellow auszcar member) did to his 260z 2 seater. which is the 240z rear light conversion, onto a 260z rear.

Or to be even more drastic you can do what Ash did, and chop a 240z rear and weld it onto a 260z.

Be prepared to fork out the $$$, carbon parts don't come cheap. Also its a steep learning curve the moment you get it. I'm sure other fellow members would think the same too.

Welcome RDM-Z,

Good to see another Z fan.

It's very easy to just type a question and wait for an answer, especially on a forum with so many knowledgeable members. However many of the questions you have asked and will want to ask have been answered several times. To avoid this make sure you have a crack with the search function. A bonus to using it is that even if you don't answer your question exactly, you will be able to ask a more informed question, which is always a good thing.

Spelling and grammar are always a good thing as well, just for the sake of making your posts easy to read. Also when you get a chance, fill in your location so that your nearby members can answer any questions you have about Zs and workshops in your local area.

Myself I only recently bought a 260z 2 seater and I absolutely love it, if your circumstances allow you to get a Z then I can't recommend any car more. It's just plain awesome. What are your intentions for your Z? Racer or street car? If street car, will it be a daily driver or a weekend car?

Again, welcome to AusZcar  ;D

Steve