Advise with these mikuni's

luvemfast

Sorry can't help with whether they'll fit, but I would have thought 200 would be the upper limit of postage on such an item. You are better off asking Australia Post with a weight estimate and a from and to address, they can probably give you a quote.

Steve

Thanks.

Can you see any problems with the carbies themselves? Are they the same, anything visually wrong with them?

Alan, when I was talking to you Wednesday night at the NDSOC meeting. You made me a bit wary of buying second hand from the US. But Wolf Creek is not really in my budget ATM.

Simon

yes I understand the budget issues however I have learnt numerous times over that the "cheap n cheerful" option can turn into a financial black hole trying to get things right......hence I now spare no expense (well almost no expense) when it comes to doing thing right the first time.

Many a set of triple carbs picked up for <$1000 turns into $2000+ by the time the worn parts are replaced or remanufactured, the linkages are sorted, modified, etc and add dyno time for tuning.

The path I am taking is to purchase a set that are "as new" (completely refurbished) whilst more $$ up front........I believe cheaper in the long term and far less angst as they will bolt on and run with very little tuning required. 

The carbs you have found look fine externally however it is the throttle shafts and linkages that wear and the butterflies that wear away the castings internally.......soft parts such as gaskets and diapragms also go hard or leak.....all this cannot be found until they are dismantled..........again it is the risk you take and you must consider this in the purchase price .

cheers

Alan

agreed^^^,always better to buy a set that has been rebuilt unless you get them for a price that allows for the worst case scenario(not only money wise but time, inconvenience and annoyance)

also i would rather buy from an active forum member as there is some loyalty to other members(hopefully)

i recently sold a gearbox on ozdat,that came with a car i bought ,to a guy over east,he rang me 2 weeks later and said he'd opened it up and the synchros were stuffed,i refunded his money without question or proof(and let him keep the box to rebuild)

i haven't come across a w*anker on auszcar yet ;D

agreed^^^,always better to buy a set that has been rebuilt unless you get them for a price

also i would rather buy from an active forum member as there is some loyalty to other members(hopefully)

Good price from a US forum. I have the same philosophy with forum members.

i haven't come across a w*anker on auszcar yet ;D

Surely you remember my PM's. Im the biggest one going round :D

The main reason for my post is to see if there is any obvious faults that I have missed.