Roady Posted December 18, 2020 Posted December 18, 2020 Tried installing a new coupler today (got the old one out with some wriggling) but after battling with the bolts for an hour I’ve given up for the day. Will undo the 4 steering rack bolts tomorrow to make is easier unless anyone else has any suggestions?? Cheers gilltech 1 Quote
Roady Posted December 19, 2020 Author Posted December 19, 2020 For the record (anyone one else doing this) - this could be around a 20-30min job. It all depends on where you, previous owner has the steering linkage positioned and if you have a steering column which has some ability to lengthen. In my case the linkage was at its maximum length and therefore the steering column had no adjustability, meaning I needed to create room. Don’t waste time trying to move the steering rack - I recommend you undo the 8 bolts of the steering column (4 fire wall and 4 under the dash) and pull the steering column slightly (1 inch) into the car, then you can fit all bolts and new coupler first, then re-connect steering linkage. Whole process would take about 30-60mins... Not 3 hours as I have just managed! Good luck Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.