Where To Use Rubber Grease On Poly Suspension

aircobra

hi all,

the energy poly suspension kit from zcardepot came with a jar of what i assume is rubber grease

form what i can tell in the fsm, the only place is the sway bush mounting where the sway bar goes thru the hole .

also, just looking a the front suspension arms, it says in the fsm to fully tighten these once the car is on the ground and fully loaded.

is that becase the mounting bolt grips the bush so tight that the onyl rotation is WITHIN the bush eg the inner sleeve of the bushing is gripped so tight that it doesn;lt actually rotate aorund the bolt, but instead it twists within the rubber bushing itself?

that confuses the hell out of me, i always though that for all rubber bushes, the bolt rotates within the inner sleeve?

that;s the fella here

http://www.thezstore.com/store/graphics/00000001/large234211.jpg

Use silicon spay to ease assembly, yes, have car at static ride height before fully tightening.

If tightening at full droop, by time bits move to full bump, the potential to tear/shear the poly is much greater.

Grease, be it rubber assy, or the poly type inert grease will attract grit/dirt, and become a grinding paste.

The poly bushes that are fitted to the inner of the LCA's may have a shoulder, this will contact the crossmember, when bolt is tigthened, the silicone dry lube spray s enough to stop binding.

Be aware some poly bush products are hydroscopic, ie they absorb moisture from air, over time, and turn to poly-crumble