sydney mike Posted December 17, 2013 Posted December 17, 2013 Hi all, before I look to the USA for a new set up, just checking if anyone here has a set that they wish to part with or if there are any recommendations for places down under or overseas to source brand new. I remember Otomoto used to have a weber sidedraft clone set up but after checking the website seems to be NLA. My Zed is L28 N42 with extractors. It was freshly rebuilt stock just before I bought her and runs well. At most I might change the cam so I presume 40mm is preferable to 45mm? At the moment I have only spoke to Top End Performance USA and they seem ok, stating they have plenty Zed experience. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mike. Quote
Triptych Posted December 18, 2013 Posted December 18, 2013 http://www.weberperformance.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=233 I found this place when I was looking but I ended up getting a set of 40mm dellortos with the zed I got. Quote
sydney mike Posted December 18, 2013 Author Posted December 18, 2013 Thanks Triptych, that will give me some options to compare. cheers, Mike Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 18, 2013 Administrators Posted December 18, 2013 There is a set on Gumtree at the moment. But not sure if they will split from rest of motor? Quote
G Posted December 18, 2013 Posted December 18, 2013 The Weber "clones" were OER's. You can source them direct (new) from Japan here: http://lupinusflower.ocnk.net/product/9 I bought then from here and they arrived in less than a week. Sometimes they pop up secondhand in Japan, however I never found the discount to be worth stuffing around. That said, you might get lucky. As a side note, I always thought L28's were "better" with 45's as the 40's won't fuel enough at high revs. I'm interested to see what you end up going with. Quote
sydney mike Posted December 19, 2013 Author Posted December 19, 2013 There is a set on Gumtree at the moment. But not sure if they will split from rest of motor? Thanks Gav, had a quick search couldn't find it, is there a link? The Weber "clones" were OER's. You can source them direct (new) from Japan here: http://lupinusflower.ocnk.net/product/9 I bought then from here and they arrived in less than a week. Sometimes they pop up secondhand in Japan, however I never found the discount to be worth stuffing around. That said, you might get lucky. As a side note, I always thought L28's were "better" with 45's as the 40's won't fuel enough at high revs. I'm interested to see what you end up going with. Thanks G, I had a look but from what I've seen they are not much cheaper than webers from USA. With the 40 v 45 issue, appreciate the advice, definetely not a side note. My way of thinking was how much "work" the motor had done to it would determine whether you need 40 or 45? The seller from USA says they will fit recommended jets etc according to my application so I guess I will discuss the 40/45 question if I decide to go with them. Anyone else with advice please feel free to chime in cheers, Mike Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 19, 2013 Administrators Posted December 19, 2013 Thanks Gav, had a quick search couldn't find it, is there a link? Looks like it's gone now, it was this seller. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller/David%20Browne/1003911527 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.