Tj Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 Hey guys, I need a set of wipers. My passengers side one made a bid for freedom on the M4 in the heavy rain last week and tue drivers side wont be far behind it. Pm me if you have a set you can part with please? My bus is a daily driver so its kind of important :-\ Quote
nizm0zed Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 they are the same as a Ferrari Dino. Im sure that doesnt help you at all as Ferrari's arent very common at pick a part, but is sure as hell cheesed off the Dino owner when i told him his car shared parts with a Datsun Quote
nizm0zed Posted April 11, 2013 Posted April 11, 2013 serious post though, which part do you need? the arm that bolts to the shaft via the big nut, right at the cowl panel at the base of the windscreen? Or the bit that holds the blade assembly and attaches to the arm on a slide on sort of clip attachment thing? Or is it just the rubber itself? Good news if its the latter two, both are available as an aftermarket, albeit more 'modern' looking, off the shelf item. Quote
Tj Posted April 12, 2013 Author Posted April 12, 2013 I'll have to remember this next time I meet a Ferrari Dino owner The screws holding the blade framework came loose and all I have left is the arm with nothing attached to it (and a dirty big scratch in my screen ) I know you can buy aftermarket wiper assemblies but I wasn't sure you could get the clip part that attaches to it as well, I assumed it was an OEM part. Quote
Scoota G Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 The after market ones clip straight on with a plastic do-hickey that is all part of the plastic (yuk) ones. Will still get you by until another one shows up. Quote
dalee Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 do-hickey thats the technical word for a thing-a-me-jig Quote
nizm0zed Posted April 12, 2013 Posted April 12, 2013 thats the technical word for a thing-a-me-jig Ahh, but that also depends on what state your from, it gets callled a doovamilackey in some places, a jiggamawhatsit in others and a "hurrrr, potato!" by our slow brothers in Tassie Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.