Need to get guards rolled

warrenz

After my trip to Phillip Island on the weekend with 2 people in the car and with or without luggage I have a problem with my new tyres hitting the guards when driving on anything but a completely flat road. Agessive cornering is also out of the question.  :(

Tyres are 225/50/16 on 16x8 +4 Rota rims.

I do not want to wreck my new paint job so can anyone recommend a panel shop that would roll the guards?

I might also look at my rear springs as the passenger side is worse than the other and the rear springs are Pedders which were on the car when I purchased it 8-9 years ago.

Warren

How many pounds are your springs front and rear Warren. Either way my panel guy who did my guards could easily do yours. Ted Naylor in Ringwood phone 9879-2179. But heavier springs might be all you need.

how much do they rub

When you look on the guard lip the black marks are only on a small part of the guards, catches the last 1/8th inch of the lip at the top of the wheel arch. Rubbing on the shoulder up near the tread.

But heavier springs might be all you need.

I aim to look into that as the rear springs are Pedders springs from when I bought the car. Will try and get a number off the springs on the weekend and check out the specs.

Warren

The fella I work with put some 22" wheels on his Territory and had to roll his gaurds.It was easily done and no visible marks to paint. I do beleive there is a tool that bolts to the hub specifcially for rolling the gaurds. They heat the area with a heat gun just enough to keep the paint from cracking. Look below:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=6159&keyword=31158

Sulio