Jump to content

JonnoDe

Members
  • Posts

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by JonnoDe

  1. There is multiple types of 6al2s..... Some are programmable which would make sense using s locked dizzy. As if it started to advance mechanically your map program wouldn't know
  2. Those are about electric racks. I was more talking about hydraulic racks people have put it their cars. I should have been more specific
  3. There has been a few topics on here about fitting power steering to Zeds however I noticed they were from 2010 when I searched it. Has any one found any other racks that fit into their 240/260Zs over the last 4 years with minimal (or even no) modifications. So far I've heard about late 90s wrx racks, rx7 racks, Mx5 racks, bmw 318 racks and even heard about a Lexus rack.
  4. Mr2 seats look good. Has anyone else tried fitting them? I might be the first then, just have to find some
  5. How much do you want for it? Any idea what postage would be
  6. Be a cheap seats until the police see them
  7. Your car looks amazing. I really like the muscle car look the Ks have. Reminds me of Mazda rx3s
  8. It seems il go with a 6al2 then, which distributors and coils are people running?
  9. Il try upload from a laptop sometime. Might be my photos
  10. Has anyone tried rx8 seats?
  11. Yeah having trouble uploading from my iPad.
  12. It's getting harder, and more expensive to find LSD R200s. It might be s cheaper option for people who want to run a lsd
  13. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
  14. The roller 260z I bought didn't come with seats.... A lot of the topics on here about seats people suggest re-doing the originals. That's hard when you have none. So basically what aftermarket seats are the 2+2 owners here using, as I would like access to my rear seats. Or if people are using seats from other cars, I have read a bit about mx5 seats and rx7 ones. I'm fairly confident in my bracket making abilities so if the seats fit width and height wise, I can make them fit in my Z.
  15. I did a search on here (new member using search, who would have thought) and I came across a post about using c200 diff centres in r200s. I had heard about this before as well. The C200 was out of early patrols and such I beleive and I heard they may fit into R200s. I own a MQ patrol and just happen to have a spare C200 diff, however it is a front diff in these. But has anyone tried rebuilding a R200 with c200 internals?
  16. I guess there is no easy way to tell between them other than price I guess. What are you selling yours for?
  17. Had me worried there for a second. Was thinking something happened to it and it couldn't be registered or something. Bought it off someone for $1000 anyway up here. If it is your old one hopefully I can get it up and running. It does have a fuel pump and swirl pot mounted in the boot which the previous owner said was already there.
  18. It is white and I was told the car was from Mackay.... Is there some bad history with this car
  19. I bought my 260z as a roller, but they supplied a l26 and 5 speed. But I didn't get a tailshaft I've found one from a wrecker in Brisbane for $150 but I live in north queensland so postage will kill me. Anyone got on up here or at least be honest with what postage would cost
  20. As per my introduction, I have a 260z with a L26. It has the dome top carbies on it which appear to be off a 240. They run well so I don't want to go to a triple setup just yet. But I would like to upgrade my ignition module. It currently has a X700 on it which still has to run a ballast, limiting my input voltage to the coil. Seeing as i have a electronic distributor with no points, I would like to run something a bit more advanced. Has anyone bought the 6al-2 module? There seems to be a few different types, from multi spark all the way to fully programmable with a laptop. Has anyone tried mapping there own ignition timing? And if so, what are your results?
  21. I bought a 1977 260z 2+2.. It was a project car of someone else's who didn't know what they were doing and gave up. Was a cheap buy for me. It came with no engine in it but had a L26 and 5 speed manual beside it. There is a few rust bubbles it the paint near the arches but I've checked over the floor pan, removed carpet and dash and there is no rust in the shells bottom or pillars. So over the new few weeks il be trying to get her on the road. I've had to old L26 running on a stand (from a boat fuel tank) and the engine ran great so I plan on putting it back in. But it had no engine mounts so I'm waiting on some I've ordered. I do plan on putting a Ls1 into it eventually and have one in my shed waiting. But will see how the 6 goes.
  22. JonnoDe

    JonnoDe's album

×
×
  • Create New...