Jump to content

Grandad

Members
  • Posts

    371
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Grandad

  1. Hi Billy They're yours, SOLD pending payment
  2. I had this made a number of years ago and it worked well only being removed when a roll cage was fitted. They are made out of 12mm thick ali and mount onto the existing rear strut mounting bolts and come with flanged nuts to ensure adequate thread cover they don't require extra holes in the body and leave no trace once removed. I can't remember what they cost to have made but I'm sure it was a lot more than $20.00, I prefer someone get some use out of them than send them to the scrap metal dealer. SOLD Cheers John
  3. Hi All My next little challenge in getting the old girl going again was to locate a replacement crankcase breather hose for the one that spectacularly made contact with the exhaust and my first stop was to the shop that got us out of trouble with the brake master cylinder but he had nothing and wanted vin numbers so I gave up there and on my way to Enzed called into super crap and foraged through their assorted heater hoses and found exactly what we had used previously, it's designed for water not oil so will go soft over time but I'll deal with that when the time comes. To make sure it doesn't contact the exhaust again I've loosely secured it with a few cable ties. With the battery out I can see rub marks on the battery carrier that if left will only get worse and eventually rust so I glued a couple of strips of rubber to it for protection. All that's left now is to fit the radiator and mount the new overflow bottle, bonnet and grill and it's done. When we bought the car it had a harness fitted for the drivers seat but only the stock lap sash on the passenger side, we decided a harness for the passenger would be a good idea but weren't keen on drilling a hole in the suspension tower to fit it so I gave it a bit of thought and with a little assistance from an engineer friend designed a bracket to mount onto the top of the suspension tower, they worked well and were only removed when fitment of the roll cage rendered them redundant, I stumbled onto them today and was about to add them to my scrap metal pile when I thought that someone here may be able to use them. They are made from 12mm thick ali and mount onto the strut mounting bolts with flanged nuts that ensure adequate thread cover. You can clearly tell by the nuts that this is a one off, I hadn't noticed previously that they are slightly uneven length, I don't remember what they cost to have made and it doesn't really matter but I'm thinking they're too good to go to scrap so I'm going to advertise them here and if someone want's to fit a harness without drilling holes in the read suspension tower, $20.00 and they're yours. Cheers Dad
  4. Hi All The only branding on these is the stamp that indicates they are Japanese but from my research I suspect they are Enkei. They are taking up space and need to go so I now include AUS wide delivery in the price. I will also consider removing the tyres and selling rims and tyres separately.
  5. Thanks for your kind wishes PB260Z, not sure I really want to go back to 21 again but I don't mind admitting to being 30, the sad part is I've done it twice. Hi All, Two weeks watching Dakar highlights nightly has inspired me to get the Zed going so I can drive the bloody thing again, first job was to refit the heat shield and fuel lines when I noticed some holes in the firewall that require a plug or grommet to create a seal. So a couple of grommets, plugs and a pop rivet later later they are sealed, it's not a matter of reducing interior noise but attempting to keep fumes out of the cab. Tuss has done everything on the motor except adjusting the valve clearance so I figured that's the next job while the radiator is out and I can get to the front pulley easily. I'm on a roll so I recon a day or two and the Zed will be once again making it's wonderful noise and annoying the neighbors, some of whom can't wait to have a ride in it. Cheers Dad
  6. Sold pending payment
  7. Hi Gareth I can't find a part no on the pump only a generic no so I can't give you a definite figure but I can assure you it will plug and play. I guess his unit is about 4psi it is suitable for carby use only and will not work on efi. The Zed has a return fuel system, the pump is activated by ignition so with ignition on and the motor not running fuel is simply being circulated when the engine is started the carbies will only take what they need allowing the rest to return to tank, when removed this pump was working perfectly as is with absolutely no over pressure or starvation issues. This pump is virtually inaudible and in that regard is far superior to the ridiculously noisy and expensive Bosch unit we currently use.
  8. Some one want to make an offer on this?
  9. Hi All Happy New Year all, (that's Y'All for the Whitties) I hope 2015 brings everything you wish for, personally with the exception of a couple of highlights I'm happy to put a line under 2014 and not look back. Today's not only the first day of a bright new year but it doubles as my birthday so I get to choose what I do and I can't think of anything better than putting a couple of hours into the Zed before the partying starts. Tuss said the sump now has plenty of clearance but I decided to put the car up on stands and crawl under to have a look and what I found looked ok but not ideal when potential engine movement on worn mounts is taken into consideration and as there is still plenty of room for adjustment, that's what I did. Here you can see where the sump was touching. Now I can forget about it completely. The radiator is looking a bit sad after two dousings with coolant but a quick once over with Autosol should fix it. That's it for today, the sun's over the yard arm so it's time to get the party started. Cheers Dad
  10. Hi All Following the photo shoot the photographer initially retains ownership of the pics but he and Whittie designed a collage and had two printed on canvas 800x500, Whittie has one mounted above his fire place and I have the other mounted above my desk, sadly due to copyright I can't show you the print but on the day I took a lot of pics from much the same angle as the photographer and this is close to one of the pics Whittie looks at. Cheers Dad
  11. Hi All I really owe Tuss a big thank you for giving up his holiday time and opening his workshop exclusively to refit the engine into the Zed today. I picked up a hire trailer at 7.00am so I could get the car to Tuss by 8.00. Three hours later Tuss was ready to resume his holidays. The cars now home for me to finish off and get going, the rings are already bedded in so I'll only need to do a few hundred Ks before hitting the track again, Tuss has assured me that the sump now has plenty of clearance . Cheers Dad
  12. Hi All I hope you're all enjoying the festive season, yesterday was a bit odd without Whittie around but still hectic as usual so today I'm having some quiet time out with the Zed. With Tuss being both unwell and busy the engine has taken a while to be reassembled but it is now ready to go and Tuss is attending the workshop tomorrow especially to refit it so today I detailed the engine bay in readiness. With a rebuild the magnitude of this one it's unrealistic to expect everything to be right straight up and the car will usually have to go through a shake down period as little faults are identified and rectified, this is certainly the case here. When I took the pic of the sump for my last post I noticed a mark on one of the fins on the bottom where it appears to have been touching something, I showed Tuss and we decided that the engine mounts should be set to the max height adjustment when the motor goes back in and I should go looking for the contact point which I have now identified as the steering rack bump/rotation stop u bolt. On finding this my first thought was to create clearance by grinding away a portion of fin off the sump then in writing this post and looking at the steering rack pic I realized that the bracket is highly adjustable and while its positioning is largely irrelevant when a standard sump is being used it becomes critical when a cast finned sump is fitted. I decided to go back to the garage and move the bracket slightly so that it would create clearance by sitting between fins. That won't do, I'll have to tidy that up. You sure can tell the time of year by the masking material I'm using. Good to go. Cheers Dad
  13. Sorry phillay it's SOLD
  14. PM replied Sold pending payment
  15. Sold pending payment
  16. Original MOMO 320mm Protitipo steering wheel, there are some signs of wear but it still has a lot of life left in it. SOLD Free pick up or post at purchasers cost John pm or phone 0411 289101
  17. When buying parts for the rebuild, Whittie got two of these because the freight was the same for two as for on,e it is now looking for a new home. $80.00 Free pick up post or e-go at purchasers cost. John pm or phone 0411 289101 Here's a link to the TechnoVersions site. http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html
  18. This Speed Technology Shift Light and RPM Limiter not only looks cool but is a great asset if you do motorsport, it was working perfectly and only removed when the MSD ignition rendered it redundant, shift and limit points individually adjustable. SOLD Free pick up or post at purchasers cost. John pm or phone 0411 289101
  19. SOLD pending payment
  20. SOLD pending payment
  21. Someone want to make an offer before it goes to scrap?
  22. Hi All I finally have some activity on the Zed to report, although the head came back from the engine builder with a clean bill of health Tuss has cleaned it further and inspected it discovering a small amount of corrosion that really is of no consequence but repaired it anyway, the area is on the right hand side at the back of the head. The sump was removed today and cleaned, this is the first time I've seen it with the cover plate removed and it's a real work of art. Tuss removed a couple of big end caps and the bearing shells were unmarked he then removed a couple of pistons the top bearing shells do have some signs of wear that could simply be result of high compression but the decision has been made to replace them. Two pistons were removed and inspected, the top ring is about 10mm below the top of the piston so there is plenty of metal to absorb any compression that might have occurred, the rings move freely in their guides and the gudgeon are fine so no damage there. With the parts supplier closed the motor was covered up to keep any dust and grit out, new bearings will be ordered tomorrow and the motor reassembled during the week, Tuss wants the car to refit the motor on Friday. I'm comfortable that there has not been any damage done that will affect the life of the motor and replacing the big end bearing shells is really just a while we're at it thing. Cheers Dad
  23. Lightweight two piece 15x6.5 Cobweb Pattern Wheels conservative plus 18 offset fitted with Toyo Proxes R888 Tyres that having only done one event have a lot of life left in them. These wheels were on the car when we purchased it, at the time the car had the Hilux brake upgrade and the front wheels ran a 5cm spacer, I'm not sure whether or not they are required with stock brakes so they come with the wheels just in case, as Murphy would say. Ahh to be sure to be sure. They will stay looking good for years having recently been stripped, the centers repainted, the rims polished and clear lacquered the bolts re plated and new nuts fitted, this work alone professionally done would have cost ~ $150.00 per wheel. Those who have followed the Dadson 2010 Rebuild thread will be aware of what's been done to these wheels but here's a pictorial of the recon. I had one wheel stripped to show the original three piece design. when I weighed the rim, it came in at 6.5kg Wheel and tyre 16kg Here's how they look on the car. Letting these go is a bit hard as it heralds the end of an extremely enjoyable and memorable period for us but they have to go and hopefully this heralds an equally enjoyable period for the new owners. SOLD Cheers John
  24. This high performance coil is suitable for use with both point and pointless distributors and can also be used with MOTEC, HALTECH AND MICROTECH LTX ECUs. It was working perfectly and only removed when MSD digital ignition was installed. SOLD Free pickup, delivery via Post or e-go at purchasers expense. John PM or phone 0411 289101
×
×
  • Create New...