Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

G'day,

 

At this moment in time, I am without Zed... All I have is my old NT personalised plates "ZEDEX" in a frame, a few badges, and I think a tupperware container full of screws and bits and pieces...

 

Back in 1999 whilst driving around one night with my now wife, I saw a white 1982 280zx targa at a car yard in Darwin.  They were asking $10,000, though I believe it eventually sold for under $8k.  That started my thirst... and within 6 months I had purchased my first 280zx - an 81 silver auto targa with lots and lots of rust...

 

cYoJT.jpg

 

About 2 years later I purchased a 79 red manual from a guy in QLD who had been picking bits off it for his other 2 280's... It was missing its bonnet and a fender, taillights, etc etc... but together with my first car, I ended up with a red and silver frankenzed...

 

dV2D0.jpg

 

Drove it back down to Brisbane in 2005, but then in 2007 after my son was born (and my father-in-law swore that his grandson would NEVER travel in the car), she ended up sitting in the driveway rusting til I sold her mid last year.

 

:(

 

Now I'm down in Geelong, and getting the bug to own another 280zx... :)  Though my wife will probably have the last word (happy wife happy life), I'm certainly giving it a lot of thought... (once I get a job that necessitates having another car, that is - not to mention the finances to buy one).

 

Talking of old frank...  Anyone in Toowoomba know the guy who bought my Zed? 

 

e286621f-3580-4973-ab03-9d3092b1283d-xlg.jpg

 

Do you know if it's been parted, or if he's restoring her? 

 

I'd love to know... I did invite the guy to come back and show me one day, but I've since moved to VIC...

 

cheers

 

Ozzy

Posted

Hey, nice car - nothing wrong with the frankenstein look, it reminds me a little of this car on Speedhunters (at least in spirit, not model)

Never mind not taking the kid in the car, I don't even let mine in the garage anymore! What's with pulling the knobs off the dash all the time? These old datsuns fall to bits quick enough on their own...

 

G

 

 

Posted

im in toowoomba my self and i cant say ive seen it around any where but im always on the look out for other zeds. come to think of it the only other zed ive seen here is a red 240 with bolt on flairs and the fender mirrors looks pretty tough i must say, but if i do see it some where ill be sure to mention it on the forum.

Posted

Gyra

 

I have a pic that I think someone posted on zcar.com, of a 280zx with numerous different coloured panels, and multiple colours per panel... all very rusty too... So, I can at least know my car wasn't the worst out there :)

 

U9SQ0.jpg

 

I also have a pic of my niece in my first 280zx when she was just a wee bub, but my son never really spent any time in my Zed... His name for it was "daddy's broken car", as for most of his life it never moved... til it was towed away... But I could just imagine him pulling those darn nobs off! 

 

Matty

 

Thanks for keeping an eye out.  I've no idea if the buyer even knew what he was getting... didn't really talk much, unlike other tyre kickers who talked of grand restoration plans (or horrible V8/lowering/etc ideas)...

Posted

I just saw a red 280zx on a tilt tray about 6:00pm qld time, heading down west street. She look pretty sad was missing the front guards and had a maroon bonnet... Little bit of body damage on the passenger rear quarter panel above the wheel arch or so it appeared. Didn't get too good of a glance and wasn't quick enough to take a photo while I was at the lights unfortunely :/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...