Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Model: 1972 240z  Left hand drive imported from USA in 2007

Location: Northern Beaches of Sydney

Item Condition: Good (not too far from excellent)

 

Body: The body is straight and in very good condition.  There are a few minor rust bubbles (not sure what else to call it).  The most amount of rust is around the skirting and wheel wells on both sides.  I will take some close-ups of the rust areas to give a better idea of the extent. 

 

Mechanical: Major rebuild in 2007, very low kms (miles since it is from America) since then.  While it runs well, it doesn't get out of the garage too often and is running a bit rough on the idle.  It has dual carbs and needs some fine tuning.  No major mechanical issues.

 

Price and Payment Conditions: We will consider all offers around $9,500.  I am aware on most scams and will not sell it to any Navy people stuck on a ship with only email but arranging payment by .....  If you are not in person with a bank check or cash, don't expect to drive away on the same day.  Not interested in swaps/trades and so on. 

 

Registration: Currently registered until September (from memory and will check).  No issues with rego.

Engineers Certificate: Was not required when I imported.  White slip inspection I think it was??

 

History of the car:  This little Z comes with a story.  My wife's gran bought this car the week my wife was born.  My wife remembers riding around in it all of her childhood.  Her gran drove the car for nearly 30 years before giving to us.  I have the original registration card from 1972 and will post a photo of it.

In 2007, we did a major rebuild on it and spent $10k-$12k fixing it up.  New paint job, major engine rebuild, new upholstery on seats, doors and carpet.  Very impressive sound system (maybe a bit too loud).  We love this car, but it is not getting the attention it deserves.  We are a family of 4 and the car is lucky to get out twice a month if that.  We've joined this site to find an enthusiast who will look after it and give it a bit of attention.

I am not good with cars and not mechanically minded.  There is a good chance that I will not know any technical questions, but will do my best to find a answer and get back to you. 

 

Pictures: I have posted a few pics here.  There are more posted in the gallery under the same subject name.  I will add a few more soon.

Contact Details: Prefer messages here or to my email address with your questions.  My email is john_wood@rams.com.au

I will provide my mobile to serious buyers.

post-3275-144023632123_thumb.jpg

post-3275-144023632131_thumb.jpg

post-3275-144023632138_thumb.jpg

post-3275-144023632145_thumb.jpg

Posted

Welcome!

 

That's a nice car. I'm sure I'm asking on behalf of a few of us....why did your wife's Gran buy a left hand hooker? Why didn't she buy Aust delivered? It would certainly make for an interesting project for someone who wants something a bit different though!

 

Good luck.

 

Jamo

Posted

Welcome!

 

That's a nice car. I'm sure I'm asking on behalf of a few of us....why did your wife's Gran buy a left hand hooker? Why didn't she buy Aust delivered? It would certainly make for an interesting project for someone who wants something a bit different though!

 

Good luck.

 

Jamo

 

'cause his wife's Gran was in the states and they imported the car to Aus in 2007 would be my guess.

Posted

Yes, that's right.  My wife and I are from the states.  We imported the car when we moved here about 5 years ago.

 

Also, I meant to add this to the info above.  The engine was replaced in the late 80's with a 280z engine.  Gran didn't know better and the mechanic took advantage of her.  Other than a rough idle, it get's on quite well.  Thanks.

 

Oh, and taking a few more pics of the rust spots over the weekend for the few people who have enquired about the extent of the rust.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I've lowered the asking price to offers around $9,500.  There hasn't been much interest at the higher price, so thinking maybe I started off a bit too ambitious.  Cheers.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Sold on another website for $9500 to a very enthusiastic Z owner.  Thanks to all.

Congrats with the sale, shame you couldn't keep it.

Which website?

Send the new owners this way  ;)

Posted

Yes, shame not to keep it, but we were not looking after it properly and it deserved better attention.

I will pass her on to this site, as I think it will be very helpful.

 

Website was Drive.com

Posted

I will pass her on to this site, as I think it will be very helpful.

HER?

That will have the boys going.......

 

Jane.... You ready for some competition for queen of the forum?

(Not including Lurch of course  :P)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...