2 rustry Zds for sale

Patch

Just an update from my introduction thread, Just had a quick look over as have not looked at for years and a bit of history.The 240z is a 1971 has 35k on the speedo build #01051

I came from NZ in 1986 where a 240z was worth a bit of money about 20k, I found a real nice one that was in a car sales for a long time he wanted 7k for it, wheels had been stolen and I got it for 4.5k.

Sole intentions to restore it and wait till they became collectable, drove it for a year and had a lot of fun with it.

I stripped it down and sand blasted it, what looked like an easy project was a nightmare, car had been filled with foam and bog was rotten in alot of parts and was tossing then if it was worth all the work.

I replaced the floor,  door sills and most places that these cars rust in, I pulled the motor down and found it in very good nickand only replaced bearings and seals so the 35k that it has on the speedo may be for real. I built a tee top into the roof and kept it register so it would not be a problem for Reg.

The car was place on a spit and completely done over every thing , fire wall painted and stuff put back in body was straighten and under coated, I had a panel beater working on it and all his work needs to be redone as the bog and putty is pealing off, the rust is only surface rust and not rotten, a clean up down to bear steel again is needed and the tee top finished or welded back up. all parts where checked over and done up and painted.

The rebuilt motor was placed into my daily ride the 260z 2+2 that car has not been going for approx 10 years now, the 240 was last going in about 1989 and that was when the work was done, business went bad and I couldn't afford to finish it. about the only parts missing would be the wind screen and back window, may be still around but the front screen got broken. The front dash was reskin ed.

The 260z is 1975, rotten in the main areas where they go but repairable. it contains the 240z motor so would need to be sold together, The 260z  2+2 would be worth nothing compared to the 240z drove heaps faster with the 240 motor in it and I only kept it because I am too lazy to take the motor out but I have seen a few do like them here. I may still have the 260 motor in a machine I built.

Not really sure what they are worth in the condition they are in.

was thinking say 3k for both and I would be happy to let them go.

Cheers Patch

(07) 55 306 151

I actually know Greg and have meet him before, No he didn't turn up with a 65 Colt, why would some one want one of them Lol. Now he didn't want to give me $300 for the lot and my son in law living with us would not have given me $50 for the lot but he is still upset when mine pissed all over his worked Vk Group A, he had no idea how fast they are.

But beautry is in the eye of the beholder, I have his 67Chev Impala in the garage, he has spent about 100k on it, doesn't use it more than about 3 times a year costs too much to start it and take it for a run, I personally would not pay 5k for it and would not want it if it was left to me.

As I told Greg if the 260z 2+2 did not have the motor for the 240z in it , it would have gone to scrap steel years ago, I am blown away looking in here seeing some people spending 42k on one. nice looking car.

I had come to the conclusion that an original 240z would never really come collectable like the phase 3 falcons etc and believe you could make it worth more by making it nicer looking, my intentions for the T- Top was to make the car look like this and is why I kept it all these years.

Looking around the site makes me wonder if I did the right thing selling it. They are anice looking car.

album_picm.php?pic_id=5