travder92 Posted April 16, 2011 Posted April 16, 2011 Hey guys, Wanting to replace the speakers in my 280ZX 1980, But I'm unsure of the mounting dimensions. I've researched and found that the original speakers are 5 1/4 in the rear. But can not find any information of the actual mount. What I know is the dash speakers were 2 x 4inch. The two behind the front seats were 2 x 5.25, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether bigger speakers (6, 6.5inch) would fit in that mount or if im stuck to shopping for 5.25. Before I undertake any of this, does anyone have a audio setup they recommend or have done that they like? I'm not wanting to undertake anything drastic. Simple Headunit + 4 speakers is all I'm aiming for because I dont wish to modify anything all that much, but if there is something I'm missing? Quote
chris240 Posted April 16, 2011 Posted April 16, 2011 dude....name , location, intro wouldnt go astray.. Quote
xa1973 Posted April 17, 2011 Posted April 17, 2011 dude....name , location, intro wouldnt go astray.. I must agree with Chris240 on this one....however, any good system upgrade will fit, but you'll need a loom adaptor from JB HI FI or the like to plug your head unit in and you may need to modify your console fascia slightly I'm running 6 speakers in mine with a 10 stack changer and amp.... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.