280zx Turbo Exhaust Manifold

Hi,

I have a 280zx turbo manifold up for sale, it's been sitting in my shed for ages doing nothing, so may as well get some money for it and hopefully someone else can do something with it. It's in great condition, is painted black, i don't know if it's high temp, i've never used it, but it looks good!

I'm in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

Price is $300.

Let me know if you want pictures... it looks like every other stock turbo exhaust manifold!

I also have a couple of EFI intake manifolds and throttle bodies if anyone's interested.

I have one which has two butterflys, a smaller one at the bottom that opens first and then a larger one above it that opens - i also have a matching intake for this one, but I don't know if it's the one you're talking about, the throttles are quite small.

I was going to go with a Ford XF throttle body for my setup - the XF throttle is for sale too.

The XF throttle body diameter is 65mm IIRC, and the two butterfly throttle is not worth it, even though it is a bolt up.

The XF throttle body needs a little work to bolt on but was the wat to go back in the day. There is a 63mm throttle body for the Z manifold, but they seem to be fairly thin on the ground.

yeah, PZG has hit the nail on the head, the twin throttle setup looks useless... i will get a pic of the XF throttle for you in the next few days, but it includes the TPS, although apparently you can get a stock 280zx one to work with it. It is is pretty good condition

some quick googling came up with these for reference -

http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?title=XF_Throttle_body

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4100/4161/22749580007_large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274958&usg=__fXi5Jdmkz6BNDlpKRX6XZb80egk=&h=768&w=960&sz=306&hl=en&start=9&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=0qsL06DixuS-fM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=148&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dxf%2Bthrottle%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

Check it out for yourself though, it has been a while since i planned to do this, so i'm a bit sketchy on details. As for 'a bit more work to make it fit' there is probably a few options. You could make an adapter plate, but I was just planning on cutting the end off an xf plenum and getting it welded onto the 280zx intake - you can even buy the aluminium plate with XF throttle bolt pattern I believe.

Also where abouts are you located, XF throttle bodies aren't a particularly rare item as far as i know, and the welding work will probably cost more than the throttle body (depending on what you're willing to offer me!). This isn't a bad thing, but if you're interstate,, you amy as well pick one up locally, save on postage...

What sort of set up are you going to go with?

It is a l28, bored to 2.9L

efi turbo set up running GT28/??  (we dont know the last section)

throttle body change3 is simply to get the cable to "pull" as opposed to "push" using the original rod setup (which i dont have and never have had in the car (go figure))

so if you look in the engine bay of a silvia, or a skyline, you find the throttlebody with the "ring" the cable wraps around, so as it can pull.  Thats what im after.

Interesting posts there.

Currently I have 2 L24e TB's, 1 L20et TB, and a USDM KA24de 60mm item, and a RB25det.

the dual stage is of definite interest to me, im a keen tinkerer and would like to see what I can do with it...

Can you pm me with your location and price youre looking for for the 'twin small butterfly' throttle body and a price for the manifold and throttle body combined.

My location is Canberra for your reference.

Cheers!

AP

hey datpilot will you let go of that rb25 unit to me?

Im sure we could sort something out.

Pretty soon I will have too much stuff in the garage so I better start moving bits along!

If i can arrange something with this dual stage setup and the manifold then im positive I will be able to sell you the rb25 T/B.

pm's from now?

i'll take some photos tomorrow and you can tell me whether you want it or not. the manifold appears the same as the other I have, the only difference is with the flange which is more elongated.. hard to explain, i'll post comparison shots. I'm in Melbourne. The postage on the TB would be fine, but the manifold might be a bit pricey...

• 2 months later...