(SOLD) FS Mick's 280zx

Mick280zx

Hey guys I'm still trying to sell the 280zx and haven't had much luck due to its location.

I'm now tossing up whether to part it out and junk the whole body (shame as it doesn't have much rust) or sell it whole for rock bottom. I've taken it off ebay because I'm tired of faceless names saying they'll come over at 'x' o'clock and then not showing, buggering our nights up. I'd rather deal with you guys as you have reputations of some sort!  :)

Model: 1981 hardtop 280zx

Item Condition: Poor to Fair. Has done 420,000km but all highway, Canberra-Wagga

Body: Rust- small 10 cent pieces worth at bottoms of front doors. Small 10 cent piece worth under the LHS rear window. Small dings here and there. Bonnet badge missing but the pin stripes make up for it  :P

Mechanical: Running, but not happy on acceleration. Achieves top speed but has some issue with spark or fuel that I just don't have the time, experience, or money to work out. Engine reco'd at unknown km's. New spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump (year or so ago)

Price and Payment Conditions: Offers over $500. Cash on pickup, bank cheque, paypal or direct deposit.

Engineers Certificate: Not applicable

Extra info:The car was resprayed by the previous owner, it's not the best job as it wasn't done in a booth. It has runs, orange peel and dust inclusion but is hardy and takes a shine. I'm not sure if it could be cut back and repaired. The carpets were replaced in the cabin and the seats replaced with better looking items from another 280zx.

The hatch struts were re-gassed recently, front tyres replaced, ball joints and other front end bushes replaced at Pedders. The car has balance issues at 60km/h (wheel balance hasn't been checked). It needs new brake pads all round (supplied) and possibly the rear discs replaced or remachined. Alternator belt supplied. I wouldn't drive it more than 100km to get it home without it being fixed first basically. Hopefully someone can save it from the scrap metal yard!

$50 donation to the website if it gets bought whole!

Contact Details: Via PM

Hey mate. I'm not sure how much transport will be as I haven't done it before. You're probably better off trying to contact some of your local companies as the ones in Wagga may be more expensive. If they have backloads from Melbourne to Sydney that will make it cheaper as well.

I just got a better quote from auto-logistics.com.au from Wagga to Ingleburn (their depot in Sydney) for $369.

They seem to use the cheapest option rather than the quickest option. The best bet would be to get on there and see what they would do for a door to door service so you wouldn't have to go to Ingleburn to pick it up. Their quotes are emailed to you and take an hour or so.

That was using ceva-just did a google search for car transport. You can get an online quote from them and it only takes a few minutes. I specified the dropoff point as 'sydney depot'. So you went through Kapooka>?

yeah kapooka was awesome too bad just for recruits :P ingleburn is about 30 minutes from where i live will the 280zx make it???

• gav240z changed the title to (SOLD) FS Mick's 280zx