Known datsun wreckers in SE Queensland

mtopxsecret6

I'm not having much luck getting parts off the forums, so, I'm starting a "there is a datsun x at this wrecker". Ive put it in the queensland section for our benefit, the others can start their own if they wish,but i'd rather learn of wreckers here in queensland than trying to get stuff from another state. 

Ok, so to start with.

ABC wreckers at rocklea have a 280zx.

what is the name of the guy in ipswich who has the yard full of zeds? I live in ipswich aswell, so if anybody needed parts i could pop out to get them.

Thanks.

The bloke at z bits has heaps of 2+2's. And garages of parts. a bit of an Aladdin's cave there. Nice drive in a zed as well.

At sumner park there is datsun wreckers. have a few 280's and a few l28's but mainly other nissans/datsuns. Sorry cant remember the phone number but it is next to the big tiles place up there.

Mate, it is illegal to keep people safe.

So what if they can't prove it. Just spend an extra couple of hundred dollars and you'll have the piece of mind that you and more importantly your passengers are safer. Small price to pay for piece of mind, and there are a lot of other areas where you can save money.

New seatbelts are not that dear. In Jul 2007 I replaced the seat belts in my 73 240z with brand new original type static lap sash seat belts.  I purchased them from Hemco industries in Ballarat Vic, who are professional accredited seatbelt manufacturers. I ordered the seat belts over the phone and payed by credit card. They made the seatbelts to my specification and posted them to Darwin for me. They came with all new bolts etc. Total cost including GST and delivery to Darwin was $133.19.

The service was great and delivery was quick. Looking at the website now I don't think prices have increased too much.

I certainly would not mess around with second hand seat belts - which I also believe are illegal anyway.

Ive touched on this subject a couple of times before...

I see them often for sale on Ebay, these people should be flogged...trying to palm garbage for a quick dollar to some unsuspecting and often misinformed people  >:(

It is illegal to sell secondhand seat belts and stalks, most suppliers wont sell you new belts or stalks on their own they have to be a full kit / set........... don't be a pov pak.....buy new and please convert those ancient lap sash to inertia reel while your at it....be safe there are people depending on you...

Wow, this is a touchy subject isnt lol.

You guys havent even asked why i want to belts for.. lol..

Anyways, i'll be running harnesses in the finished product anyway, if you guys want to run standard belts by all means.

What do you want the belts for mtopxsecret6

I cant order belts with measurements and all parts needed when i havent got any belts in the car at all to begin with. I need them to get new belts, for the roadworthy. Which is sum time away yet.

Once it's on the road i'll put in the race seats with the harnesses and engineer the new setup. Itmay seem double handling, but ive already been through it with my 32, and it's easier to engineer a seating belt change with a registered car. queensland transport rules i guess.

As others have said, most suppliers will have a pattern already on file for your make and model, all you need to do is call, I got a complete set for my ZX over the phone, paid by CC and had them in my hands in about a week to 10 days...

Anyway, your call, just didn't want you doing a Big Kev.......