For anyone interested in melb....

lambs

....there's a 280C at Pick-a-Part, Kilsyth, with an EFI L28. 280C has same sump configuration as a Z, so motor is 'bolt in' with change of engine mount brackets.

Interesting thing is the rocker cover is the 'chunky' Nissan type commonly seen on import motors. Block is also F54 when stock 280C is normally N42. Head is an N42. Fuel injection is all there as far as I could tell, and even the electronic distributor is still in place. I didn't check prices, but generally PaP want $100 or so for a bare motor, and anything else you want is add-on in terms of price. Can get expensive esp when you don't really know the condition, but OTOH, L28's seem to be getting a little harder to find. FWIW radiator was still full of nice green coolant.

Also out there is an R30 with E88 head - good for raising comp on L28, plus another one with an E30 head (ie 240K/C210 head). Plus off to one side was a Z31 (non turbo) that had suffered an under-bonnet fire, which is not uncommon.

I actually was looking for a brake caliper for my daughters Civic....

do you know what other parts are compatible - diffs' date=' axles, etc etc?[/quote']

In terms of 280C, pretty much everything else is different. Uses live axle rear end, so waaay different and definately no parts interchangable.