rear lower cotrol arm question

chinaelephants

Are the 240 and 260 rear Lower control arms the same ? and are they the same left and right?

my rear left is running -2 ish camber and the guy at the suspension place said that i had a right control arm in the left but i look at one ive got in the shed and its the same any help would be good as i need to sort this before it goes in for paint  :-X

:)

thanks

Brenton

hahaha, ok yes that is correct, they did just use the same one, but it is just flipped to work on the other side.  I still dunno why they didnt at least make an even surface for the sway bar to mount, instead of higher and lower, annyoing.

As for difference from 240 to 260, not to my knowledge.

thanks scotty

yeah i did think that was the case maybe ive got a 2+2 one in there or late 260 crack out the tape and have a look. might give your suspension guy a call and drop your name and what not ;) just need to get it done got a guy in mitchal to do paint ( im sure it would make it down the coast  ::)) thanks mate

ps u going to get on the piss for ANZAC day maybe allbar?

I'm not working, so fuck yeh i am!! hehe

Yeh, Chris at Inline steering.  In regards to the camber, i have no idea, but yeh Chris will know.  Good to hear you got someone local for paint, how much they doin it for etc?

• Moderators

I'm sure the only difference between a 2 and 2+2 rear suspension is the casting for the rear hub; the hub extends out a little further for the 2+2's wider ass end. Arms like Scott says are the same just flipped to save costs!