Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had issues with my L28's carbies and fuel, where I'd get a misfire and a really awful clang sound during high revs.

Just had a brand new SUs installed and tuned, car was running smooth, good fuel economy, no smoke.

 

However, all has changed and the problem has come back. I am now running on 3 cyclinder most of the time as it looks like the second carbie (closest to firewall) is not getting enough fuel.

- My mechanic said it is dirt in the fuel lines, so I've put 2 new filters between fuel rail and carbie (a total of 3 fuel filters now!)

- I've also pulled apart dizzy and everything is clean and working.

- Brand new spark plugs and leads

 

Could it be the fuel pump? It's the mechanical pump which looks pretty old. With fuel filters attached just before each carbie I can see that one is receiving more fuel than the other, should this be the case?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...