Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys,

 

My inner sills were replaced by flat sheet metal, along with the floors. So I'm looking for some inner sills that I can use as either templates, or salvage. 

 

I'm in no hurry as I head to NZ in a couple of weeks. 

 

Cheers,

Rick

Posted

The sills are still behind that, it was done in 1988 they were fine then, at the time you couldn't buy replacement floors and was better than the signs that were bogged in.it is a massive job to replace the floors, why would you do them they are structually sound and not seen under carpet.

Posted

Hey Patch - Oh, just boxed around them? Sweet! I don't doubt that they were done well, it's just not me to leave them as they are (even under the carpet). Thanks for letting me know :)

 

cheers,

Rick

Posted

At the time I didn't like the idea of exposed holes and wanted a cleaner look, thought the carpet would stick to this better, also looking to make it more structually sound for T top, rember these cars were only worth 4k then, no one would spend 20k doing rust repairs, cars sales I bought it off used spray foam, and pop rivets and steel road signs with layers of bog to cover up with, that's how things were done then. Car racing mob next door remarked about was a Datsun really worth all tne work I was doing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...