ACC active wire

ol_skl_jp

hi everyone

Im trying to install a new deck in my new Z but cant find a acc cable. I found one under the steering column, its reads 12V when key is in ACC position. But when i connect it to my deck it doesnt work. I've tested the unit and it works, its well grounded and the constant 12V is working aswell.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sach ???

Hi

When you say it does not work what do you mean?

Refering to post above, the constant 12v connects to the "memory" power input on the deck to maintain the clock, and any presets. The 12v via the ACC is to power the unit so it plays CD's etc.

Only power to the "memory" input will show clock etc but the deck will not actually turn on to play CD's and if you do not connect constant 12v (via a fuse) to the "memory" input then each time you turn off the ignition the clock and any presets will reset.

Warren

the unit doesnt turn on when connected to ACC at all no clock or nothing. So i twisted both power wires together and connected to constant 12V, that worked fine so i assumed that my ACC cable has the issue im going to try what moonstonebluZ suggested but am still open to ideas.

Cheers

Sach

edit: I just thought of a reason while  i was sleeping. I used existing wires for the install, and what i found was the yellow cable(constant 12v) dropped to 0V when the key was turned to ACC. Im guessing this could be a reason and am gonna run a new cable to the battery.

i just put a deck in mine last weekend, First i had problems so then i swapped the 2 wires over just to see if the contsant 12V was faulty and it was. Its a easier way to diagnose things quickly with out a volt meter. i ended up running a constant 12V (yellow wire) straight from the battery.